I Survived a Japanese SteakHouse!

Gonna keep this short. It’s getting late and I want to get a good nights sleep but I just had to tell you. . .

First day with a little more structure is a success! I started my day with a run. It was HARD getting out of bed. Even harder walking out the front door into the cold but I did it and it felt F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C! I stopped once to walk but still kept a pretty good pace. . .

Chart taken from Nike+ website after sync Click here to see how I did it.

When I got back I snapped this picture for my DailyBooth. . .

and said, "Getting out of bed early..Ugh. Walking out the front door in the freezing cold..SUCKS. The feeling afterwards..Priceless!"

The feeling really is priceless. I just need to remember that!

After the run I started one hectic day at work, came home and the husband tempted me with his eating out obsession. At first I thought, "Oh MAN! I just started counting points again. I don’t want to deal with this!"

But I survived. :)

Food Units
bowl of bran flakes, skim milk, w/ handful of blueberries 4
large black green tea (does that make sense lol) and an orange 1
can of progresso light soup and 1 serving of triscuits (not the box like last time!) 6
apple sauce cup (don’t laugh i was out of yogurt) lol 1
bag of popcorn – office snack 4
out to japanese steakhouse – tuna roll – oshinko roll – and a few bites of the little guys rice/noodles – estimating 10
Total: 26

Table provided by Roni’s Food Tweet, Eat, Post Generator. Follow Live @RonisFood

liz

January 16, 2010

rock on! nice job turning it around. i’m trying for more structure, too. i’ve been kinda doing it all halfway lately except for the exercise, but exercise is only part of it. i need to be more on top of my food!

love2eatinpa

January 16, 2010

way to go! hopefully you will keep that momentum going into this weekend. one day at a time!

Melissa

January 16, 2010

Oh boy did you do well at the steakhouse! Good for you!
    Also, I NEVER regret a run (even those that have injured me–but that’s been a while). I try to remember how I’ll feel AFTER the run and that usually motivates me to get the heck out there. Mornings are extra hard, though, because I can’t think straight and the bed beckons. You did great!

Nia

January 16, 2010

Way to go Roni!!!

Biz

January 16, 2010

That’s a great job! When we go out for sushi, since my daughter and I don’t like the raw stuff, we end up getting tempura and ashed dashi tofu – also fried! And the rice is always hard to pass up.

I can’t wait for the ice and snow to melt so I can get back to walking my dog – I miss it!

Happy Saturday Roni!

Tammy

January 16, 2010

Trial by fire! And you done good! I have the same feelings about exercising. It is adrag to get me going, but, once I start, it’s okay…Once I’m done…I really feel rejunevated! So, why doesn’t our brain “crave” exercise as much as it does a whole box of Triscuits? (You mean to tell me a whole box is not one serving of Triscuits?!) I have also been working on getting that routine back in order. I actually made it to the gym twice this week and stuck to my food plan so far. Once I’ve filled in my calendar and made my menu for the week, I try not to think beyond the present day. Whenever I find myself balking about something, I say “Just for now, you will eat or do what is good for you.” I get bogged down sometimes thinking of how LONG I will need to keep this up to reach my goals. One day at a time!

Elaine

January 16, 2010

Great jobs all around!!! I love your sense of humor with the Japanese steak house :-))) Great job on that run! You rock!

christina

January 16, 2010

Roni – I reread the post about the nike+ but didnt see how to do this… how do you download the running graph from the nike website to your blog?

January 16, 2010

I take a screen shot. Do you know how to do that?

Reinaldo

January 16, 2010

Way to go Roni! You know what? I think you deserve a gifty! Here it is:

It looks like Irish :)

All Women Stalker

January 17, 2010

I love that Japanese Game show! Majide! It’s hilarious.