YAY! I got an award!
I wasn’t going to post a journal entry tonight but then Liz of Shedding the Fat-Suit was so kind to pass on the Happy 101 Award to me. I just had to do it (when you see #5 on my list you’ll understand why)! Thanks Liz!
The rules are to copy the award image and display it on your blog, list 10 things that make you happy, try to do at least one of those things today and then pass the award along to 10 bloggers who brighten your day.
So here goes!
. . .
10 Things That Make me Happy
- 1.) Running
- I’m putting this right at the top and declaring YES I am a runner and YES it makes me happy! And I did run today! See. . .
- 2.) Hanging out with the little guy
- Today we played Uno, painted, ate, grocery shopped, danced and read. Nothing makes me happier then chillin with the boy. :)
- 3.) Working together with the husband
- Sounds cheesy but we’ve been in the zone lately. Working together. Supporting each other. Compromising. It’s been nice and knowing I found a partner in life makes me extremely happy.
- 4.) Cooking
- I cooked all weekend, alone (Asian Inspired Tabouli Salad) and with the boy (Vanilla Pudding Cups with Oranges and Pomegranates). I could spend HOURS in the kitchen just trying new things and experimenting. Totally makes me happy.
- 5.) Blogging
- What can I say. I LOVE it. I wish I had more time to connect with people via twitter, follow up with comments, read more blogs, etc. There’s just not enough hours in the day!
- 6.) Photography
- Yet ANOTHER thing I wish I had more time to do. I love the feeling I get when I take that perfect shot. Like this one. . .
- 7.) Helping others.
- Call me a Goody two-shoes, I don’t care. I love using my knowledge, skills and talents to help others. My favorite place to be at the BlogHer conference is the Geek Lab because I get to help other bloggers. I do my best to answer every email. I’m just a natural teacher, I guess. I like to teach and learn from others.
- 8.) A good (preferably scary) movie on the big screen with a HUGE tub of popcorn (no butter of course ;)
- I like most movies but scary, mystery, thrillers, and (ok I’ll admit it) slashers are my favorite. Give me a night out with some good friends, a bucket of popcorn and I’m set.
- 9.) A good beach day.
- Sun shining, waves crashing. Need I say more?
- 10.) Listening to Music
- Music has ALWAYS made me happy. All kinds. Well most kinds. I’m not the biggest country fan. :)
(Only)10 Things Other Bloggers That Make me Happy (I could list more, WAY more! :)
- Jen in Reall Life
- A Merry Life
- I am Succeeding
- Yum Yucky
- I Made Dinner
- All the peeps on BlogToLose of course! :) (so I cheated, sue me.)
I’ll end with my Food journal. Day 4 of counting points again and I’m feel much better. Not becuase I’m "dieting" or restricting in anyway (I’m not setting a target, just tracking) but because I’m getting more conscious of my food selections again. I’ve caught myself a few times about to throw a slice of cheese in my mouth or grab a *cough* donut. Not that there’s anything wrong with those things but I was starting to do it unconsciously again and that’s not a place I want to go back to. It doesn’t make me happy. ;~)
|vanilla pudding cups with oranges and pomegranates||2|
|3.4 mile run/walk (note:i don’t track ap) #activity||–|
|asian inspired tabouli salad||6|
|pop chips and other nibbles while putting the groceries away #tep||4|
|seafood night! marinated scallops (will make again for glb) cold shrimp, fried rice & roasted asparagus #tep||13|
|vitatop and 1/2 cup light choc soy milk||2|