A few weeks ago I received an email that said…
The experts behind NUTRILITE, the world’s leading brand of vitamin, mineral, and dietary supplements*, would like to offer you an exclusive health assessment. We will evaluate your current health and wellness by analyzing blood work and conducting a variety of physical tests.The physical examinations are 100% confidential and conducted with trained experts who will then design a customized nutrition and fitness plan with lifestyle tips and supplementation recommendations just for you.
I was honored to be invited to particpate but I wasn’t sure I could swing a trip to California. I’ve been so busy at work I really cant afford a day off. Plus I feel pretty good about my lifestyle right now. Do I really need a supplement regiment?
Then I mentioned it to Mom. She thought it sounded like a wonderful opportunity. See, Mom’s been going through quite a stressful time and like many of us she’s been battling her weight. I mentioned her situation to NUTRILITE and asked if she could get the assessment as well. In exchange we will follow Mom’s progress here on Roni’s Weigh.
I’m not going to get into Mom’s specifics now. I’ll wait until we each get our assessment. Here’s what they are going to test for us…
- Body fat analysis
- Height and weight
- Blood pressure
- Grip strength
- Bone density
- Blood draw
- – Vitamin D
- – Cholesterol
- – LDL Cholesterol
- – VLDL Cholesterol
- – HDL Cholesterol
- – Triglycerides
- – Cholesterol/HDL Ratio
- – Insulin
- – Glucose
- – Serum Iron
- – Iron Binding Capacity
- – Percent Saturation (Iron)
- – Serum Ferritin
- – Unsaturated Iron Binding Capacity
- – GGT (Gamma-glutamyl transferase)
- – Homocysteine
- – Folate
- – Vitamin B12
- – High Sensitivity C-Reactive Protein
- – TSH
How cool is that? I’m totally psyched! For both of us.
All of this is going to take place at the Nutrilite Health Institute Center for Optimal Health in Buena Park, CA. We fly out tomorrow morning.
In honor of the "Optimal Health" weekend I’m taking the next 3 days off. That’s right… you heard me… TOTALLY off. No computer on this trip. I decided to take advantage and just walk away for a few days. I think it will be good for me. Sometimes I feel too attached to the computer.
Some real quick news before I go…
- On GreenLiteBites I posted Pomegrante Scallop Idea, my mom’s egg cream recipe and tonight dinner, The Frozen Chicken Slow Cooker Experiment.
- On SkinnyMinnyMedia you’ll find 5 Tips to Finding your Blog Voice.
- I’ve also been making progress on FitBloggin. I will have some news soon about additional sponsors and speakers!
- As for my day job, I wrote a fun article for SpeakHealth where I picked out some interesting health articles called… This Week’s Finds – Retiring, Placenta Teddy Bears, Men Suck, Healthy Ice Cream, and a Rabbit Penis.
Other then that I’m proud of myself for getting out and running this morning before work. I know if I drag my butt out there a few times it will become habit again. I just need actually drag my butt out there! I’m so glad I asked this week’s question. All your answers were super motivating!
OK, so I’m signing off. I’ll, of course, tweet now and then but I’m making no promises. The only other device I’m going with is my new camera. :)
Have a great weekend and do something just for you!