I’m not sure if anyone remembers them but I miss my Thursday Thoughts posts. They always helped me organize and wrap up my week. Now that I have a bit of a consistent schedule maybe I can start them back up. No promises though.. this whole full time job thing is really crimping my blogging style. :~)
Anyway.. Let’s get started…
- Remember way back when I wrote My Core Hurt Eating – A MUST Read for those that Overeat? Well I’ve been researching a bit about the author of those articles and I came across his site. I love Five Myths of "Emotional Eating" and he has a Core Value Eating write up. (note: I have not seen or purchased the CD-Rom and I have no affiliation with compassionpower.com I just fight his insights refreshing.)
- I loved this post… You can lead a woman to body-positive messages, but you can’t make her believe them… on the-F-Word.org. If I had a dime for every fat conversation I’ve had… oh boy… let’s not go there. k? I’m trying, I’m really trying. Posts like this help me, a lot.
- "the brain reacts to junk food similarly to drugs" Really? Ya think? I didn’t need a study to tell me that but it looks like soon we’ll have one. According to Dr. Paul Kenny, Binging on junk food encourages addictive behavior.
- How about a few laughs? This one for those of us that have kids and this one for other Star Wars fans. Random I know, but I find Darth Vader in every day situations funny. Go ahead.. call me a geek. :)
- Two posts that caught my eye on BlogToLose this week.. 1.) I LOVE this attitude… Letting Other People Influence Your Decision…. 2.) I love this exercise… Some things I wrote when I started this journey…
- GreenLiteBites has seen busier days but I’m finding some time here and there to get a little creative in the kitchen, mostly snacky stuff but still filled with fruits (Pomegranate Kiwi Ice) and veggies (Veggie Scoops). ;~) The "Toddler" and I also recorded a frantic Halloween Punch Idea. (ok, ok, he’s NOT a toddler… but I don’t want to let go and it just has a ring to it… I’ll probably call him "the toddler" until he has one of his own.)
- RoniNoone.com? Yeah.. don’t ask.. I’m lucky if I get to it once a week or so.
- In contrast FitBloggin is a movin’ and a shakin’! Check out the latest speakers and attendees. I’m adding more weekly! OH! and Only 3 early bird tickets left!!
- In a strange turn of events I now blog for myself AND my job. I’m tasked with collecting links and posting the "This Week’s Finds" feature over on SpeakHealth. You may find some links interesting but instead of duplicating I’ll share my post here… This Week’s Finds – H1N1, Playing Games, and Child Obesity as Parental Abuse?
- Things I’m working on? Well yeah… remember when I used to post about the cook book at the bottom of these posts? lol I haven’t forgotten it’s just not realistic right now, although I’ve been getting more and more motivation to do it or something else actually. A few book ideas have been floating around in my head. I just need… ummm.. like an extra 20 hours a day! In all seriousness, I’m focusing on my family, my job and my blogs. In that order. I do have a few product reviews in the works and I’m determined to get my exercise groove back. As we say… I will do what I can when I can. It’s that simple. I’ll keep you posted on all fronts. :)
Have a great Friday and Happy Halloween!