Today I’m off to pick up my race pack. I can’t believe the BIG day is so close. I can’t believe I, the girl that "can’t run", will be attempting my first marathon in 2 short days.
What do I mean "attempt"… Let me rephrase that…
I can’t believe I will be running my first marathon!
Before I go into any details I thought it would be fun to take a trip down memory lane. Being so new to running my entire running history is here online. Side note: another reason why I LOVE blogging. So easy to "go back in time." :)
- It all started with just a thought. Some of you may not know but I was NOT an exerciser and I lost weight by just mostly "staying active" and a lot of that was dancing around my house like a nut-ball.
- Then I started Thinking About It which led to me actually joining a gym and declaring myself a gym rat soon followed.
- Then a friend put the running bug in my ear. (Re-reading the end of that post is exactly how I felt when I started running)
- I ran my first 5k run on a treadmill and I nearly died from shock.
- Then I took my running outside and even the toddler was impressed. :)
- After my first 5K event I was hooked!
- Then I found the Nike+ and fell in love!
- Soon I was training for a relay in the Baltimore Marathon (last years)
- My first 40 minute run was a milestone.
- Then someone called me Racing Roni and it made me examine at where I came from.
- Last years Marathon where I ran 6 miles was SO amazing I was already considering sighing up for the whole thing for this year. Which I did before the end of the year.
- With some training I ran the 10 mile Cherry Blossom and my first ever half marathon!
- My training was far from perfect but I managed to get in a few long runs like 12 miles in Chicago, 15 miles a few weeks ago and my most recent 20 mile run.
Wow that was a trip. I ran that first 5K exactly a year and half ago and here I am writing about preparing for my first FULL marathon.
OK on to the details!
Here’s the map (click on if for the full pdf) of the run.
I’m totally psyched to run through Baltimore. I’ve lived in the area for 9 years now and it really does feel like home. :)
I’ll be wearing this shirt…
It was inspired by a commenter (I can’t find it.) Many people have told me to have your name visible so spectators can cheer you on. I have no shame so I took it literally. :)
Next, my running mix. Many of the songs I shared before but here is exactly 5 and half hours of music. I’m hoping to finish in that time! (remember some are explicit – consider yourself warned)
- One by Metallica 7:27
- Blackened by Metallica 6:41
- Eye of the Beholder by by Metallica 6:30
- Iron Man by Black Sabbath 5:54
- Three Little Pigs by Green Jelly 5:54
- Faget by Korn 5:50
- Sweating Bullets by Megadeth 5:27
- Walk by Pantera 5:15
- Uprising by Muse 5:05
- Awake by Godsmack 5:04
- I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas 4:49
- We Didn’t Start The Fire by Billy Joel 4:49
- Firestarter by The Prodigy 4:41
- Let’s Go Crazy by Prince 4:39
- Young Folks by Peter Bjorn and John 4:39
- Welcome To The Jungle by Guns N’ Roses 4:34
- Perhaps Vampires Is a Bit Strong But… by Arctic Monkeys 4:31
- Ball Tongue by Korn 4:29
- More Human Than Human by White Zombie 4:29
- I Go To Extremes by Billy Joel 4:24
- Ramble On by Led Zeppelin 4:23
- The Rat by The Walkmen 4:22
- Barracuda Heart by 4:22
- Feel the Pain by Dinosaur Jr. 4:18
- Fit But You Know It by The Streets 4:12
- Bread & Water by Ryan Bingham 4:07
- Symphony of Destruction by Megadeth 4:07
- Judith by A Perfect Circle 4:04
- I Can’t Do This by Plumb 4:03
- Sexy Back by Justin Timberlake 4:03
- Unsung by Helmet 3:57
- Mouth For War by Pantera 3:56
- Only The Good Die Young by Billy Joel 3:55
- Thunder Kiss ’65 White Zombie 3:54
- Bulls On Parade by Rage Against The Machine 3:51
- Mr. Brownstone by Guns N’ Roses 3:49
- If I’m a Man by Burning Brides 3:42
- What You Waiting For? by Gwen Stefani 3:41
- My Michelle by Guns N’ Roses 3:40
- Anxiety by Black Eyed Peas 3:38
- So What’cha Want by The Beastie Boys 3:37
- Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa by Vampire Weekend 3:35
- Quitter by The Toadies 3:34
- Chop Suey by System Of A Down 3:30
- Last Caress / Green Hell by Metallica 3:30
- Keep the Car Running by Arcade Fire 3:29
- I’m Not Like Everybody Else The Kinks 3:28
- Paralyzer by Finger Eleven 3:28
- Handlebars by Flobots 3:27
- Whatever by Godsmack 3:26
- Guerilla Radio by Rage Against the Machine 3:26
- Violet by Hole 3:24
- Sex On Fire> by Kings of Leon 3:23
- Higher Ground by Red Hot Chili Peppers 3:22
- Pump It Up by Elvis Costello 3:18
- Flathead by The Fratellis 3:17
- Heart Full of Black by Burning Brides 3:16
- Jesus Walks by Kanye West 3:14
- Wrong by Depeche Mode 3:14
- Crash Course In Brain Surgery by Metallica 3:10
- Graduate by Third Eye Blind 3:10
- I Wanna Be Your Dog by The Stooges 3:10
- Carbon Monoxide by Cake 3:10
- I’m Not Okay (I Promise) by My Chemical Romance 3:09
- Mad World by Michael Andrews & Gary Jules 3:08
- Breed by Nirvana 3:04
- Killing in the Name Of by Rage Against the Machine 3:00
- Sabotage by The Beastie Boys 3:00
- Crazy by Gnarls Barkley 2:58
- When Worlds Collide by Powerman 5000 2:58
- Divine by Korn 2:51
- Come On by The Panderers 2:49
- Fucking Hostile by Pantera 2:49
- Paranoid by Black Sabbath 2:48
- Break Stuff by Limp Bizkit 2:47
- Molly’s Chambers by Kings of Leon 2:47
- Bleed It Out by Linkin Park 2:44
- Everything Sucks by Reel Big Fish 2:41
- Run (I’m a Natural Disaster) by Gnarls Barkley 2:40
- Gloria by Van Morrison 2:38
- I’m Shipping Up to Boston by Dropkick Murphys 2:34
- Straight Veruca Salt 2:32
- Velvet by The Toadies 2:30
- A-Punk by Vampire Weekend 2:18
- Gutless by Hole 2:15
- Where Eagles Dare by The Misfits 2:08
- Bulldog by Tracy Bonham 2:06
- Shimmy by System Of A Down 1:51
- United States of Whatever by Liam Lynch 1:29
- Chinese Bombs by Blur 1:25
- Go, Go, Go by by The Backyardigans 1:18
Notice the entire mix is in order from longest to shorted song. I though it would be fun and keep me going. I like playing mind tricks on myself. :)
Finally, twitter. I plan on tweeting through out the day and yes mid-run. I can’t promise an update every mile but I’m gonna want to take a few breaks and I know I’ll see some things I’ll want to share. So if you want to follow along follow me @RoniNoone. Oh! I’ll also be shooting the same updates to FaceBook.
This will probably be my last post until the BIG day. Wish me luck! I got to run, pick up my bib number and head to work! Have a good one!