- Blog Topics
For those of you who don’t know what all this POM talk is about let me explain as I’ve been busy and very vauge. A few weeks ago POM asked if I’d be willing to take a trip out to Fresno, CA to tour the pomegranate plant and orchard. I was totally flattered to be invited along with this inspirational group of bloggers. And let me tell you they are one FABULOUS bunch!
So let me tell you about this POM-errific Day…
It all started with a trip to the hotel gym. I forgot how much a DESPISE running on a treadmill. I did a mile and then walked some steep hills. It was the only way I could stand it. I’m really trying to get back into some sort of workout routine now that my life is calming down a bit.
Anyway, after the gym and a fabulous breakfast. We were off to the orchards! The scenery on the way was fabulous…
In the van we chatted and chatted and chatted and tried the new fabulous POMx bar. These were good. Very dense, very filling and the best part… the ingredients! FINALLY a company gets it! We don’t want a list of things we can’t pronounce in our bars. Well at least I don’t. So I was impressed when I read the ingredients and saw nothing but dates, peanuts and chocolate. I can’t find the ingredient list online and I threw out the wrapper but I’ll get the specifics for those interested.
Once we made it to the orchards we were pleasantly surprised by the almond trees that were there. I have never seen an almond on a tree before. It was SO COOL! Here’s Janel from Dine Dish Delish…
Then the planes arrived!
Of course we needed a group shot…
…and I had to be a little goofy. :)
Me, Gina, and Kristy.
oh and our Pilot, Pierce Brosnan. (seriously, doesn’t he look like Pierce??)
The views were spectacular!
Once we landed it was off to the Pomegranate Orchards with our fabulous hosts from POM.
The fruits were amazing!
We learned lots! (at the end Daniel shares a great tip about freezing pomegranate!)
Had lots of fun… (that’s Bren and Coco)
and picked some of our own pomegranates.
This is my favorite shot of a fully ripened pomegranate still on the bush…
…and Jeff got one of me looking at it.
After that we were TOTALLY exhausted. We headed back to the hotel chilled for a bit and then it was off to dinner. I ate way too much and loved every minute of it! :) I even got my whole end of the table to have a POM juice and citron vodka with me. It may replace vodka and cran for my favorite drink. :)
Overall it was an AWESOME day. And to think a few years ago I didn’t even know what a pomegranate was. I decided to try one for a Produce Pick way back when and discovered one of my all time favorite fruits. Not to mention got the toddler totally hooked on them as well. ;~P
I’ll leave you with a few links to food ideas I’ve posted using pomegranate and POM juice. If you’ve never tried one please take the leap. They are not as complicated as you may think and you never know you may just find a new fruit you can’t live without and there’s nothing wrong with that!
- Pomegranates (my orignal produe pick post)
- Eating Pomegranate – Video Post (Toddler and I show you how to clean a pomegranate)
- Bulgur with Peas and Pomegranate
- Berry-licious Pomegranate Oatmeal
- Pomegranate Watermelon Salad
- Spinach Salad w/ Toasted Chickpeas & Pomegranate Vinaigrette
- Pomegranate Pork with Vidalia Onions
- Sweet Pomegranate Chickpeas with Optional Tuna
- Pom Berry Sauce
- Quick Lunch Idea Using Couscous (couscous with POM juice)
Thank you POM for inviting me to this wonderful event. I think its great to see a company put out such great products and really care about peoples health.
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
- Taking a Wednesday Weigh In Moment
- Yippee for Vine on Android!
- What Are You Self-Conscious of?
- A Post-Birthday Father's Day
- Weekend Quote: Explode Beyond Your Limitations
- 3 New Food Finds
- Wednesday Weigh In: 3 Scale-Less Weeks!
- 5 Ways Ditching 'Perfect' has Made Me Happier, Healthier and More Successful
- Scenes from My Low-Key Sensational Sunday
- Weekend Quote: How would your life be different if…
- My Run Streak Continues with a Note About Committing
- Wednesday Weigh In!
- Let's Talk About Trigger Foods
- My Legs. What Legs?
- Avalanches Are Scary
- Weekend Quote: Uncomfortable
- Blog to Book: Musings from My Weight Loss Journey [Kindle Edition]
- A Weight-less Wednesday Weigh In
- Scenes From Our Memorial Monday
- Weekend Quote: I Run Because...
- To Weigh or Not To Weigh: That is the Question
- Wednesday Weigh In: Selling Ourselves Short
- Obesity Awareness: Are We Numb?
- A Relaxing Sensational Sunday
- Should Strong be the New Skinny?
- Thirteen Thursday Thoughts
- Wednesday Weigh In: The Daily Cycle
- VitaCake ‘Recipe’ Contest Winners Announced!
- Baltimore Color Run from The Eyes of The 7-Year-Old
- Scenes from my Sensational Mother's Day Sunday
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.