First let me confess. I ate out last night. *hangs head is shame* I couldn’t, no that’s not right, I didn’t, resist the husband’s request to go out. Once it was mentioned to the child there was no going back. I succumbed to the family pressure. *sigh*
However! After the little guy went to bed I completed week 2 day 2 of my crazy challenge and let me tell you it’s kicking my arse! I was sweaty and sore after all the push ups, sit ups and squats! I’m glad I’m doing this as my workouts, including running, are taking a hit with all that’s been going on.
Ok, let’s move on to the links!
- First, another one of my articles was published on the You.Propelled community. This one I cleverly called The Real Secret to Weight Loss, I reveal (surprise surprise) what I think the real secret to weight loss is. Don’t forget while you’re there to enter a daily proclamation for your change to win not only $5000 but weekly $100 dollar drawings as well. I’m proud to be working with Propel® as a sponsor of the You.Propelled program.
- Next let’s talk about food, shall we? :) I love this list on Cooking Light about 10 foods that sound healthy but aren’t. It’s amazing how many things are misconstrued. The one that bugs me the most is the "wheat" bread. Just because it’s brown does not make it healthy. I see this all the time with my friends that buy wheat bread that’s not 100% whole wheat bread. I’m on a mission to get everyone to read labels!
- Also in the FOOD department (can you tell what I’ve had on the brain lately) there are two recipes in the blogoshere that caught my attention (or well brought to my attention. Honestly I can’t remember.) First is Pizza Stuffed Peppers. It has pizza in the title, ’nuff said. The second is Quinoa Chili that looks so darn tasty! Just in time for comfort food season!
- Some food ideas I worked on this week, Salmon Cakes and Sweet and Sour Peppers. These were the result of my effort to cook more while still being in the temporary housing situation. I proved to myself it is possible to cook good food anywhere but I’ve been so bogged down with the new house, moving, and being in a temporary state that I really wasn’t in the right mind set these last few weeks. I really think I’m more excited to feel stable then moving into the house itself. I just want a permenant living situation with dressers for clothes. That’s all. That’s not too much to ask for is it? LOL ;~P
- I also started a series on SkinnyMinnyMedia about CSS. I’ve been working with so much CSS at work I was inspired to finally start the series I had considered months ago. If you blog and want to learn a little more about coding please stop by and let me know any specific questions you may have.
- Finally, I’ll leave you with a video I found on YouTube. I believe it was posted by a home-based business which I find shady BUT the video is very motivational. It really made me even think more about the things people told me. :)