- Blog Topics
I did it! I hit the pavement this morning. I didn’t even come close to the 13 miles I was suppose to do for my training but I over came the fear of my back and just started running. It was hard. My body just wasn’t used to the hills or mountains (I was at Mom’s in North East PA.) I was out of breath, crampy, and not completely into mentally. So I did what I could and I felt great for just getting out there and that’s how this Sensational Sunday began.
After the run I showered up for a Sunday brunch. It was my late birthday present from my Mom. What a great meal! Nothing beats a big breakfast that someone else makes for you. :)
Then we were off to a local farm for some blueberry picking. Which was fun, hysterical and frustrating all at the same time. Let’s just say if I ever hear the phrases "Don’t pick the green ones. Only the blue!" or "Ryan, just pick them!" I’m going to kill myself. I’m just kidding, both kids (we were with my niece too) were a trip. It was fun and we left with pounds of fresh blueberries! You can’t beat that.
One we got back to Mom’s our one Sensational Sunday Snag happened as my car wouldn’t start. Thankfully "Grandpa" is like the most amazing Mr. FixIt on the planet so after about an hour he had it all taken care of. So we hit the road a little later then expected but if my car is going to break I’d rather it break there then anywhere else in the world.
So finally the boy and I were on the road. We traveled alone this weekend. I have always loved road tripping it and I find it even more fun when it’s just the two of us. There’s something about traveling with your child. We get a chance to just talk. Anyway we made it back in pretty good time and came home to discover the husband… ya ready…
dun dun dun
Cleaned the whole apartment and did the laundry!
For those that know the husband this may come as quite a shock. He’s normally not this… ummm… how do you say… domestic?
I’m just poking fun. In all honesty, since I’ve gone back to work there was a bit of an adjustment for us but we have finally found a groove where we both contribute in our own ways to the household duties. It’s been nice. :)
The clean house motivated me to hit the ground running. I immediately unpacked from the weekend and made a shopping list for planned dinners this week. You heard me PLANNED dinners. I’m normally not a week long planner. I thrive off pantry cooking. You know, just keeping a variety things in stock and then seeing what I can pull together. That’s how I make 90% of the meals on GreenLiteBites but considering I have no room for storage and I feel a bit out of my element I decided to structure myself a bit more. Here’s what I decided…
- Monday: Taco Night!
- Tuesday: Pork loin with creamy mashed potatoes and broccoli
- Wednesday: Fend for yourself day as I’m planning to get back to my yoga class <–Husband gets his fast food fix.
- Thursday: A new chicken crock pot idea I have
- Friday: winging it… we’ll probably go out in all honestly but if I feel up to it I have some stuff in the freezer I can pull together.
In addition to the dinners I have plans to use leftovers for lunch. For example, I’ll make extra meat for the tacos that I can use on a salad the next day and I’ll definitely have leftover pork and potatoes on for Wednesday’s lunch.
Now? Well…. lunches are made, toddlers in bed and I’m ending my day watching the finale of the next Food Network Star.
Now THAT is what a Sensational Sunday is all about!
Making plans and putting things in place to have a great week!
So how about you? How was your Sunday?
Oh! and I even kept an accurate food journal today. Told ya… A Super Sensational Sunday to the MAX! ;~P
|*~*~*~*~*~*~*sunday food journal*~*~*~*~*~*~*~|
|3.5 mi run #tep #activity|
|brunch with mom 2 eggs, ham, toast, potatoes…. so so so good! #tep #food -|
|fresh blueberries and whole wheat pretzels on the road traveling home from moms #tep|
|special k bar #tep|
|3oz lean burger on whole wheat bun, baked beans, corn on the cob #tep|
|cinnamon goldfish.. man! these things are additive! #tep|
Table provided by Roni’s Food Tweet, Eat, Post Generator.
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
- Taking a Wednesday Weigh In Moment
- Yippee for Vine on Android!
- What Are You Self-Conscious of?
- A Post-Birthday Father's Day
- Weekend Quote: Explode Beyond Your Limitations
- 3 New Food Finds
- Wednesday Weigh In: 3 Scale-Less Weeks!
- 5 Ways Ditching 'Perfect' has Made Me Happier, Healthier and More Successful
- Scenes from My Low-Key Sensational Sunday
- Weekend Quote: How would your life be different if…
- My Run Streak Continues with a Note About Committing
- Wednesday Weigh In!
- Let's Talk About Trigger Foods
- My Legs. What Legs?
- Avalanches Are Scary
- Weekend Quote: Uncomfortable
- Blog to Book: Musings from My Weight Loss Journey [Kindle Edition]
- A Weight-less Wednesday Weigh In
- Scenes From Our Memorial Monday
- Weekend Quote: I Run Because...
- To Weigh or Not To Weigh: That is the Question
- Wednesday Weigh In: Selling Ourselves Short
- Obesity Awareness: Are We Numb?
- A Relaxing Sensational Sunday
- Should Strong be the New Skinny?
- Thirteen Thursday Thoughts
- Wednesday Weigh In: The Daily Cycle
- VitaCake ‘Recipe’ Contest Winners Announced!
- Baltimore Color Run from The Eyes of The 7-Year-Old
- Scenes from my Sensational Mother's Day Sunday
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.