Craziness pure craziness. That is pretty much the only way I can describe my life right now. I’m going to leave it at that and get to these thoughts. Even with the craziness I have some links to share!
- The first link comes via Crystal. She sent me this awesome article about ‘Phantom fat’ and I can say from experience, I totally agree with everything in this article! Three years later and I still catch a glimpse of "old Roni." I used to describe it as waking up a different race. That may be a bit extreme but there were times I felt I lost a big part of my identity along with the weight.
- Banish trigger foods for successful weight loss – Ummmm for me, apparently it’s Baked Dorritos and Ice cream. Both of which will NOT be on my next shopping list.
- You know how strongly I feel about blogging and the BlogToLose community, right? You also know how much I love the Nike+. Well this link about empowering personal knowledge is fascinating. I need to quote my favorite part. "…the power of communities – the principle being that peers influence behaviour and create an element of competition. Indeed, the Latin root for the verb “to compete” is "competere” which means “to seek together” or “to strive together”". "Strive together".. I LOVE it!
- Did you see Cranky did an awesome weight loss blog round up? I’m flattered to have made the cut as I’ve been reading Cranky for quite awhile.
- Ok, since I already broke the ice and posted a self serving link I have two more to add. I’ve been interviewed twice this month. The first is on Gel’s Kitchen and the other is on That’s Fit.
- Speaking of, it must be an interview type of month as the Baltimore Sun stopped by my office today to interview me about the Baltimore Marathon. I think they are going to feature me and a few other runners on their site as we train. I don’t know much more then that but I’ll keep you posted.
Let’s see… Other news?
- GreenLiteBites finally saw some activity this week. First the child and I recorded a Produce Pick video (Gooseberries & Peas) then I made Garden Turkey Steaks with a Simple Gravy and last night I quickly threw together Curried Chicken with Peas.
- On SkinnyMinnyMedia I shared a product I’m researching for work. That’s all I had time for.
- Oh! and I have 2 more success stories waiting in the wings for BlogToLose. When I will have time to post them, who knows?!?
Although I’m completely out of time nowadays, the new job is really REALLY awesome and I’m having a blast. However, the shift to full time work has been hard. I’m completely overwhelmed. To get through it (and the new house stuff) I’m employing a "Do what I can when I can" attitude. It all can’t get done, it’s just not possible.
That being said I have done what I can do and now it’s time for bed. :) Early meeting tomorrow and then we leave for the beach on Saturday for our yearly shore trip. I need it and I’m really considering a complete unplug! We’ll see!