We are in full fledge packing mode. I’ve called all the utilities. The apartment is secured. The POD is scheduled. And the closing has been set. July 1 can’t come fast enough. I’m at the "I just want this to happen" moment. At this point only bad things could happen. I never really think of myself as a pessimist until I’m in a situation I can’t control. Classic Type A issues I’m trying to remedy. :)
All this packing has me unearthing tons of STUFF. The husband and I are committed to reducing our.. ummm… overhead. Especially considering we are needing to store almost everything for 3 months. We already dropped our first round to Goodwill but I held these few items back thinking some of you may be interested.
I have 2 different diet/cook book giveaways.
The first is a Weight Watchers package that includes…
- Weight Watchers Momentum Cookbook 2009 (200 Easy Recipes to Get-and Keep-You Going)
- Weight Watchers Take-Out Tonight! : 150+ Restaurant Favorites to Make at Home–All 8 POINTS or Less
- New 2009 Weight Watchers Electronic Tracker & Points Calculator
- Weight Watchers Time Saving Meal Ideas pamphlet
The second is a Low Carb package that includes…
- Atkins Best Recipes: Lose Weight with More Than 175 Low Carb Dishes
- Dr. Atkins Quick & Easy New Diet Cookbook
- Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution $5.99
- A Low Carb Supermarket Cookbook Mag
I realize the dichotomy of these two giveaways and even though I’m not a 100% Low Carb proponent, I learned a lot reading, cooking and trying a low carb diet. Plus the Atkins Best Recipes has some great ideas in it! :)
If you’d like to throw you name in the hat for either one of these giveaways just leave a comment and let me know which one. Before you ask… Yes you can register for both… and yes I will ship anywhere. :) I’ll pick a winner next weekend.
So let’s see.. what else is going on?
- I had a little fun in the kitchen yesterday going back to basics and creatively using what I had on hand. The results? Quinoa Stuffed Zucchini. It was fun! I plan to stock up on some healthy groceries tomorrow so we aren’t so tempted to eat out as much this this coming week.
- My back is feeling MUCH better. I did get a 4 mile run in on Friday but I skipped the gym this morning. Just too much going on plus I knew I’d be lifting boxes all day. :) I’ve been keeping my training calender updated even though I feel like I’m slacking at this point.
- So I guess it’s official.. The Toddler is now The Little Guy. Although I find myself alternating between the The Boy and The Kid as well based on my mood, the context and his behavior. I think this will take some time to get used to. :)
- Finally, here’s my food journal for the day. I’ve stayed true to my commitment to the food journal. In a weird way it’s helping me stay sane during an insane time.
|bran flakes with frozen blueberries and 1% milk|
|leftover japanese from last night’s dinner|
|handful of dry cinnamon cereal|
|chick fil a grilled southwest salad, 2 nuggets, couple of fried, split a sundae w/ the kid and had a sip of the husbands shake geesh!|
|handful of chocolate chips… literally only a handful and then i walked a way.|
Table provided by Roni’s Food Tweet, Eat, Post Generator.