WOW I can’t believe I’m actually on time with my thursday thoughts post AND I started my new job this week. I swear sometimes I think I function better when I have more things to accomplish.
Anyway, I’m easing into the new full time position by working 2 days a week until June 22. Then it’s full time, pretty much 9-5. On one hand, I’m looking forward to it so I can find my groove and get into a new schedule. On the other hand, I’m worried I’m going to miss the flexibility of working for myself. Ahhhhh the dichotomy of life’s decisions. :) Let’s get to these thoughts as I have a plethora of updates to share!
- First, I must link you to the happy, feel good motivational post first. :) Apparently I wasn’t the only one with an emotional run this week. EmilyRose completed her first 5k and she is just glowing! Her recap is a must read for those considering running themselves.
- Speaking of, if you are currently walking you must read this "Attention, Walkers: How to Ease Into Running" Great tips to get you started down the running path!
- If you are already running but want to get just a little bit fast then you must add these songs to your playlist. ;~)
- Me? well since I just finished my marathon training schedule (if you don’t remember I registered for the full way back in December) I took the advice from the article "Stretching: The Secret to Running Better, Faster, and Longer" and incorporated a weekly yoga class into the mix. If I have not time to go to the class I’ll be able to do all the moves at home now that my friend Patrick sent me the most awesome yoga site EVER!
- On GreenLiteBites since my last Thursday Thoughts? Well let’s see.. I made a margarita and some Stromboli. Guess I was in a bar food kind of mood. :) I also fried up some bulgar, made a new turkey burger and the toddler helped me review a new smoothie mix from Chiquita. Oh! and this morning I made blueberry muffins! I hope to post the recipe tomorrow.
- On SkinnyMinnyMedia? I posted a video about creativity and another about monetizing your blog.
- I’ve also selected a location for the first ever FitBloggin Conference. Stay tuned for more updates as I plan the sessions and ask for input on the topics we’ll be discussing.
- I’m lighting a match under the designers butt to get the cook book out by the end of the summer. Again, nothing big, just 30 or so recipes but it’s a start!
- Have you noticed I stopped mentioning the house?? It’s still on the market but we’ve had some interest!! To be honest, I didn’t want to write about it and then jinx it. Well, that’s not totally true. The husband asked me not to blog or twitter about it, he’s the superstitious one. I had to honor his wishes as he’s never asked me to edit a thing on my site and the poor guy is the butt of many jokes. :) So I’m still going to be a little hush hush just know there is something happening! More info to come on that front.. I promise!
- As for the new job, so far I’m ecstatic! Interesting projects, awesome office, wonderful co-workers. Who could ask for anything more? The only thing that sucks is the commute but the hours are flexible so I’m hoping to find the optimal time to leave in the morning. Tomorrow I’ll be running 2 miles before heading in. That will be a first! I never worked out in the morning when I had a job before!
- Ok, I think that’s enough "thoughts". I’m actually writing this Wednesday night so I have to get to bed for work and my run tomorrow. My lunch is made (I do like the return of planned lunches) clothes are laid out and the house is straightened up (well, sort of.) :)
Hope you are having a wonderful Thursday!