WOW… I feel like it’s been forever since posting a Thursday Thoughts. Let me just share the links I saved up and do a quick brain dump…
- Healthy Menu Items May Sabotage Your Diet – Nicole sent me this and I find it fascinating! I believe I posted about it before. I just hope studies like this don’t influence restaurants to remove the healthy choices as I am one who appreciates and chooses them!
- Steve, Don’t Eat It! – Ok this one I just found hysterically funny. It’s food related so I thought "why not" you may get a kick out of it too. :)
- Commercial – Eat All Day – I can’t remember who sent this but they said it reminded them of me. When I was in my funk, I said "I really believe in life inertia. Good choices lead to other good choices and once you move in the general direction of healthy (happy), momentum will keep you going." and I believe that, one good choice does lead to another. I don’t think Nutri-Grain bars are the ultimate "good choice" but I love that they used that concept in the commercial and it illustrates my point nicely.
- Cut Up to 900 Calories With Simple Substitutions – It’s the small choices people. The SMALL ones. :)
- Lifestyle Is Not a Dirty Word – I republished a guest post on Divine Caroline on what "Lifestyle" really means to me.
- A Feel Good Mom’s Day Post – I told you I was behind! I wanted to post about this closer to Mom’s day but I don’t care, it’s still a great story. Of course it made me cry. But in a good way. :)
- Coupons! Some have been inquiring about Stonyfield yogurt coupons since I announced my sponsorship. I will have some with me when I go to BlogHer. In addition you can download some by filling out this form. I also wanted to pass on this coupon for Quaker Pancakes mix as it did win the my Pancake Taste Off. ;)
Since it’s been two weeks I’ve got lots of my own updates as well.
- Let’s start with GreenLiteBites. My two videos of the week posts, Mishaps and Mashed Potatoes and Quick Lunch Idea Using Couscous, remind me that the toddler isn’t a toddler anymore. :( The days of my quiet little helper are over. However, he will be "the toddler" until his 4th birthday come June 15. Then he will graduate into a new generic term for my amusement. :) Other GLB ideas include, Chicken Roll Ups, Whole Wheat Chocolate Muffins with Added Protein, Pomegranate Pork with Vidalia Onions, Beans and Macaroni, and a new shake I made up last night.
- On RoniNoone.com I tried to inspire myself by writing 6 Ways I Get out of a Blogging Funk. I also embraced my geek-ness and recapped a WordPress conference I recently attended.
- The cookbook? I must admit I took a break. I’m about half way done with the content and the designer has enough to work with but we just haven’t made much progress. With summer coming and his schedule clearing up I’m hoping to make huge strides in June before I start my new job.
- The house? Still on the market! We are getting good feedback and although our showings have decreased a bit I’m keeping my hopes high. They are breaking ground on my new place next week and we still have a month or so before my complete and under meltdown happens. :)
- The Conference? I’m doing it. I’m committing to planning and organizing FitBloggin’10! It’s a conference for lifestyle bloggers who blog about health, wellness, fitness and/or food. More info to come as I make progress. Keep an eye on the FitBloggin site or subscribe to the feed to get the most up to day info. My plan is to open up early bird registration this summer!
I think that’s it. I’m not making any claims as to what I have in the works for Roni’s Weigh as I’m slowly shifting from the full time blogging mindset to the (more satisfying) inspired blogging mindset. What does that mean? Well you may have notice some of my features (Question of the Week, Weekend Quotes, Ask Roni’s) have been inconsistent lately. It’s not that I will never post under those categories again. It’s just that I’m relieving myself of the pressure to turn out a post just because I’m "suppose to." Somehow that makes it a job, not a creative outlet that helps me reach my goals, which is how it all started. Honestly, I’m energized and renewed by my own realization of this.
OK, gotta run, I have a Chiropractor appointment as back and neck are still giving some trouble. :(