- Blog Topics
I’m so behind! I have a few products that were sent to me for review and instead of devoting a whole post to each I thought I’d do them all at once. Let’s get started!
Oikos Organic Greek Yogurt Strawberry
I was lucky enough to get a sneak peak at this new flavor from Stonyfield Farm. Let me tell you it’s DELICIOUS! A little too much sugar (16g) but, because of that I’m sure, it’s tasty! It’s even better mixed with another product I’m reviewing (see below.)
I reviewed their new Oikos Greek Yogurt line just a few weeks again and if you guys didn’t see, Stonyfield is sponsoring my trip to the BlogHer Conference this summer in Chicago! Hit me up! I’ll coupons for their products. Strawberry will be available in stores mid June!
110 calories, 0g of fat, 0g of fiber, 2WWP per container 5.3 ounces
Enjoy Life Granola
Confession time….. I have never eaten granola. I mean I’ve had granola bars before but never have I bought a bag of straight up granola. I never really understood what it was. Is it a grain? a mixture of foods? Isn’t it just like trail mix? I just didn’t get it.
So I looked it up and according to Dictionary.com granola is a breakfast food consisting of rolled oats, brown sugar, nuts, dried fruit, etc., usually served with milk.
Ahhh I get it. It’s like a generic cereal. So a granola bar is just granola pressed into bar shape. I take it back.. I have eaten granola.
Are you laughing at me yet? Was that a blond moment? Anyway Enjoy Life Foods sent me 3 bags of granola, Cinnamon Crunch, Cranapple Crunch and Very Berry Crunch. I was unfamiliar with Enjoy Life until they contacted me so I didn’t know they make products without any of the most common allergens (milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat and soy.) We aren’t dealing with any food allergies in my family but it nice to know if I were there were a few brands I could just trust.
The granola is crunchy and very tasty. The toddler was immediately a fan. He likes to eat it straight out of the bag. The Cinnamon was my favorite until I tried the Very Berry Crunch mixed with the Strawberry Oikos Yogurt. It’s just an AWESOME filling snack. If you can’t find it in stores you can buy Enjoy Life Granola on Amazon and stock up.
170 calories, 3g of fat, 2g of fiber, 3WWP per 1/2 cup (52g) – approximate, flavors may vary slightly
These came as a surprise to me. Once day UPS just dropped off a package of meatless chicken. I did a double take. Who sent these to me? Why? I’m not a vegetarian. I don’t even play one on TV. Although, I do eat more vegetarian meals now then I ever have and I admire those who are able to strip the meat from their diets. But I can’t bear the thought of never enjoying a cheese burger or Thanksgiving turkey again. If for those two reasons alone I will continue to eat meat at least some of the time. ;)
So how does MEATLESS chicken taste? Well… like meatless chicken. It looked like chicken. It had a similar texture to chicken but it’s just wasn’t chicken. However, I enjoyed it. I really did. I grabbed one out of the freezer, popped it in the microwave, sliced it up and made a quick wrap on a 1 point tortilla with some baby spinach, tomatoes, shredded cheese and a dash of dressing. It was fast, easy, light, tasty and satisfying. I may keep a box in the freezer just for these type of fast lunches!
80 calories, 2.5g of fat, 2g of fiber 1WWP for 1 cutlet (1.4 to be exact.. but not to shabby for fake chicken! lol)
*phew* I now feel caught up a bit! By the way, I didn’t post last night as I fell asleep at 8PM!! It was the greatest night of sleep ever. I woke up refreshed and ran 4 miles at 6:30 this morning! Sometimes there’s nothing a good night of sleep can’t cure. ;~)
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
- Yippee for Vine on Android!
- What Are You Self-Conscious of?
- A Post-Birthday Father's Day
- Weekend Quote: Explode Beyond Your Limitations
- 3 New Food Finds
- Wednesday Weigh In: 3 Scale-Less Weeks!
- 5 Ways Ditching 'Perfect' has Made Me Happier, Healthier and More Successful
- Scenes from My Low-Key Sensational Sunday
- Weekend Quote: How would your life be different if…
- My Run Streak Continues with a Note About Committing
- Wednesday Weigh In!
- Let's Talk About Trigger Foods
- My Legs. What Legs?
- Avalanches Are Scary
- Weekend Quote: Uncomfortable
- Blog to Book: Musings from My Weight Loss Journey [Kindle Edition]
- A Weight-less Wednesday Weigh In
- Scenes From Our Memorial Monday
- Weekend Quote: I Run Because...
- To Weigh or Not To Weigh: That is the Question
- Wednesday Weigh In: Selling Ourselves Short
- Obesity Awareness: Are We Numb?
- A Relaxing Sensational Sunday
- Should Strong be the New Skinny?
- Thirteen Thursday Thoughts
- Wednesday Weigh In: The Daily Cycle
- VitaCake ‘Recipe’ Contest Winners Announced!
- Baltimore Color Run from The Eyes of The 7-Year-Old
- Scenes from my Sensational Mother's Day Sunday
- Weekend Quote: Comfort Zone
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.