I had a few links saved up from this week. I’m sure there is something I’m forgetting. Either way here are this weeks thoughts…
- Remember "the list" episode of Friends? (I’m showing my age here. lol) The one where Ross and Rachel make a list of famous people they could sleep with. Well it’s a funny thing the husband and I bring up from time to time as a joke. For example, while watching the previews for Wolverine (which we are going to see tomorrow night! YAY!) I’ll say something like "He’s TOTALLY on my list." It’s our way of saying we find a celebrity hot. Well Scarlett Johansson has been on the husband’s imaginary list since the first time he saw her. I always liked her becuase she seems more of a "real" girl them most stars (whatever that means). Well now I have a real reason to like her. Just read her response to recent press about her weight loss for a movie.
I say Go Scarlett! :)
- Why do some people never seem to get fat? How many times have you asked yourself that question? I think this is a great article and I have no doubt "that each person has a set point" but my fear are some will read this and then throw their hands in the air giving up on living healthy. There is no doubt we all come in difference shapes and sizes BUT that doesn’t mean we cant strive to be the healthiest we can. Fat or skinny, eating too much processed crap and not moving is not good for you, it’s as simple as that.
- Stuck in a Rut? Nine Simple Ways to End Boredom and Feel Reenergized – I love this post. For some strange reason even though my to do list is taller then the toddler, I still get into "funks."
- Now, I KNOW I’m not the only snacker out there. Sometimes I stare at my pantry or fridge just wanting "something" even though I’m not really hungry. In these snack attack times I eat, but I TRY to limit the calories/points so I don’t feel guilt about it. For those that need help finding low cal options here’s a great list of foods that are under 100 calories.
- Speaking of food, GreenLiteBites saw three posts this week so far, Simple Homemade Home Fries, my first shot at homemade almond milk AND… dun dun dun my remake of an awesome pasta dish, Whole Wheat Pasta Pie. I haven’t posted a video of the week… YET. But I still have 2 days left. :) The toddler and I will be making a quick side dish tomorrow for dinner just for Bonnie. :) I was going to do it tonight but we got a call for a showing, so as soon as I wrap this post up I’ll be cleaning and we are going to head out for dinner.
- I don’t know how I forgot this last week but I, along with some amazing bloggers, were featured in an article called Blogging the Weight Away.
- Never got to the product reviews this week, so the are still in the works.
- The design of the cookbook is moving forward. I’m waiting on the designer to hit with me with a prototype.
- I’m also working on a web page to gauge interest in a conference for fitness bloggers, I’m hoping to the have a link by early next week.
- No takers on the house yet. We are having showings so that’s good BUT I’m starting to get real nervous as they are breaking ground on the new house May 20.
- And finally… the JOB. Yesterday they called and said "then there were 2." It’s me and another candidate. I can’t stress how much I wasn’t looking for a job but now how utterly fascinated I am about the prospect. I really think this is a perfect fit for me on every level, skill set, personality, etc. All I can is… we’ll see. I’m not getting to0 excited as the job hasn’t been offered to me yet. Until then, it’s all just speculation. ;)
I’m NOT KIDDING, while writing this the phone rang and I was just offered the most amazing position!!! I totally have butterflies. I’m so excited. Wow… I got to go. lots to talk to the husband about. PLUS I must clean and get my hopes up yet again for a showing that will probably results in nothing but a spotless house. Unless… I get a job offer AND sell my house on the same day. One can dare to dream can’t they. ;~)
What a great day! Sorry, had to say it again. :) BYE!
PS Ignore types… I didn’t proof… just wanted to post it!!