I’m FULL of thoughts today so consider yourself warned…
- First let me update you on my injuries. I swear this is the first time in a long time I just feel OLD! First there was the knee pain after the 10 miler a few weeks ago. I hear you on shoes and I will be getting my feet measured for new long distant sneaks. In the mean time I did a bit of research and found this article about runners knee. I have cut back a bit on my running as the pain doesn’t usually start until around the 3-4 mile. I’m also trying to get on the bike and even in the pool now and then at the gym. As for my back it’s FINALLY getting better. There’s still a tinge of discomfort but I’ve been able to run and workout the last few days without much discomfort. The only thing that made me feel better was this massager that the trainer let me borrow. I’m really hoping he doesn’t ask for it back!
- Another thing that’s been helping my back is yoga. I’m trying to get to at least 1 yoga class a week and let me tell ya, last night’s class was AWESOME! It’s just another thing I wish I tried a long time ago. An hour to stretch and breath with no distractions is just what I need to make it through my week. I’m not sure I’d want do it with my dog BUT I can see why some would like to. I mean, is it really that different then all those baby workouts?
- On a "You’ve GOT to be kidding me" note – Thinner is better to curb global warming, study says – does this kind of story irk you or what? I’m not sure if I’ll explain my position on this clearly and I don’t want to rant BUT there are things thin and healthy people do daily that hurt the environment too. I know there’s a ton more I, myself, can do better. Instead of wasting our time researching a correlation between obesity and environmental issues can’t we be educating people on how to live the best life they can, regardless of their size. No pointing fingers, no ridiculous claims that weight is the root of all evil. I feel like all it does is give fuel to the fiery debate of fat acceptance vs. overly health conscious. It feels very propagand-ish to me. No? What do you think?
- More healthy food choices lead to less healthy eating: study – I’m not going to say much about this one except, I CHOSE THE SALD EVERY TIME! and so does Julie ;~)
- Man! I just remembered it’s been 2 weeks since posting a thoughts post. That means I have to back track on GreenLiteBites updates. I made a few dinners including a new fav of mine, Golden Corn Muffin Topped Turkey Chili, a new family fav, Peppered Pork with Peppers and a new toddler fav that he didn’t want to eat for some strange reason, Lo Mein-ish Angel Hair. I also made a new smoothie, Mango Banana and whipped a dish up for just me using couscous and pumpkin seed kernels. Funny, I had the feeling I wasn’t posting enough over there but now that I listed it all out, HOLY CRAP, I cook a lot. lol Tonight I’m planning on making a healthier lighter version of THIS. I’ll let you know how it turns out.
- On SkinnyMinnyMedia I posted a video that intrigued me about WordPress and web usability. I also wrote a Reality Check About Blogging For Dollars. This weekend I have a twitter poll planned, so stay tuned for that.
- I recorded a podcast yesterday and should have it ready tomorrow. I have two product reviews coming and I’ve been making progress on the cook book! I decided on the 35 recipes and the designer and I met. We are working on a fun personal touch kind of book design. I’m super excited.
- In a strange turn of events I have a "REAL" job interview next week. An opportunity presented itself and although I wasn’t looking, I decided to throw my resume into the mix to learn more about it. "It" being as Online Interactive Media and Information Designer position and local state college. I’ve made it to the final round of interviews and will be getting a tour and presenting to them Tuesday. I’m not sure I want a full time gig at this point, I sort of spoiled myself with this whole professional blogging thing. :) BUT the group there seems to be very much like me, enterpernual (is that a word?) self-starter geeks who just love what they do. Don’t worry, I don’t plan to stop blogging, it’s in my blood! But I may cut back a bit IF (and that’s a BIG IF) this job is right for me. As others may tell you, blogging is a labour of love. And I love it. :)
- Finally, one more thing and then I’ll let you go. I’ve been toying with the idea of organizing a conference for all those interested in blogging for health, wellness, food, weight loss and overall fitness. I’m this *pinching fingers closely* to committing to a date and making the announcement. I just couldn’t keep it a secret any longer (I’m REALLY bad with suprises.) I’m hoping to make the official announcement next week with WAY more details.
- OH!! I forgot… AGAIN. In honor of Charlie’s Book Tour, he’s giving away a copy of his book. Simply leave a comment on any one if his book tour posts here on Roni’s Weigh. They are… (if you already commented you are in the running! I’ll pick a winner next Thursday.)
ok, I’m OUT! Later. :)