Here we are, Thursday AGAIN! Oh my word time flies (didn’t I say that last thursday?) Anyway, another a week, more craziness, more links and more updates. Let’s just get started as I’m really trying to get more sleep…
- I’m so glad I found this first link, 5 secrets of body-confident women. I’ve gotten a lot of questions regarding body image and how I learned/learning to accept myself since posting my 3 Steps to a Healthier You. I’ve also discussed body image and self acceptance in these other posts…
- Here’s a link on the diet front…. The Weight Loss Hype: Why Counting Calories Never Works. I’m not sure I agree with everything in this article but she makes some great points. The author states "..there is a diet that works–consistently–at helping adherents to lose weight and keep it off, and which has a very high compliance rate: a very low fat, vegetarian diet…" Now I’m not a vegetarian BUT I eat a more vegetables then I have in my life, make vegetarian meals and routinely choose vegetarian dishes at restaurants. Eating more vegetables and volumizing my meals is a big part of my success.
- I twittered this but I need to say it again. We wonder why there’s an "epidemic". Come one now.. do we REALLY need the warning on this monstrosity?
- The next two links are a bit show boaty, You’ll have to excuse me. First David wrote a very flattering article about me on his site Fitago and then Gina mentioned BlogToLose as a Fun, Free Weight Loss Resources. Very cool guys and I appreciate the support!
- On GreenLiteBites this week I shared my new Hard Boil Egg obsession, Shrimp Asparagus and Bulgar, Chocolate Peanut Butter Sticks and my new favorite salad dressing, Wonderfully Wicked Wasabi Dressing (which by the way is WONDERFUL on a chilled can of green beans with just a bit of red onion)
- SkinnyMinnyMedia has seen busier weeks, I haven’t had time to get my google tutorial post finished, but I’m working on it! To make up for it, I linked to a google analytics video tutorial I thought was very helpful.
- Other news… making progress on the cookbook! Introduction written, 35 recipes selected! :~D This weekend is the Cherry Blossom run… My first ever 10 miler! I’m excited, nervous and anxious all at the same time. I’m also taking the next 2 days off to prepare. I’m SO sore from all the working out I’ve been doing. I’ll also be modifying my training schedule a bit as I prepare for the 1/2 marathon in May! Craziness… PURE CRAZINESS! :~D