Pun intended (what can I say my father-in-law is rubbing off on me.) :)
Before bombarding you with links let me give an update on the old bum.
You guys were right, it was TOTALLY not that bad. The "cleanse" was by far the worst part. Let’s just say drinking 2 liters of, what can only be describes as, flat sprite mixed with salt water is not something I ever want to do again. YUCK! Other then that, today I got to the center on time, filled out a form, met a nice nurse, got knocked out and I woke up with what can only be described as "a buzz". Then I came home and took a nice long nap. Honestly, it was a great day! I’m not sure I’d want to win it as a prize but seriously, if you have "bathroom issues" do NOT fear the colonoscopy. (Just because I know you guys are going to ask… one polyp removed, no biggie.)
Ok let’s get on with the "thoughts" I actually had some this week!
- First. I’d like to ask for your help. I, along with some amazing women are trying to get a room at the BlogHer Conference to talk about girls, body image and blogs. Our session is called Blogs & Body Image: What are we teaching our kids? The catch is, we need to have a significant number of votes to get on the agenda. I’m hoping you will take a moment to vote for us. You do not have to be attending to show your support but unfortunately, you do have to be a BlogHer member. You can sign up here. Once you sign in you should see a link that says " I would attend this session" on the top of the session page just below the title. That’s it! Not too too hard but I know it’s a pain to sign up for things on the internet. Boy if I have a nickel for every username!
- As a thank you (not really as I would share it with you anyway) :) I have an AWESOME free facebook app to bring to you’re attention. It’s called Slim Contest and it allows you to have a Biggest Loser style competition with your facebook friends. It manages the contest for you! Just pick a weigh in day, how may weeks you want to compete and which of your friends you want to challenge. Cool! Right?
- Here’s a link for all the busy momma’s out there, Balancing Acts: The magnificent multi-tasking mama. @sourwine was nice enough to link to me in the post. :)
- In need of some motivation? You have to check out Brian’s Success Story on BlogToLose. His transformation is amazing!
- Remember when I asked why you think people have a hard time losing weight. Well this article shares some interesting news about food and addiction. "it’s been very clear that you can be addicted to food, you can also be addicted to taste. But you can over come it, now that takes work, but yes, you can overcome it. " Funny. I think we all knew that already. :)
- On GreenLiteBites this week I made a fun new breakfast, Spinach and Bacon Egg Wraps, a quick lunch, Spinach Salad Topped with Curried Turkey and of course our Star Fruit Adventure.
- For my fellow bloggers I posted a tutorial about Tracking Your Blog Statistics with Google Analytics and a funny twitter video.
- As for other news… I have restarted the the cookbook! If you remember way back I lost my work. Well I got over it and I’m making progress! I’m not making any promises as to when it will be done. All I’ll say is I removed some pressure from myself and I’m just doing something simple. I really want to give this book thing a shot already!
Ok… I’m out! I’m still trying to make the "go to bed early" thing a priority. Right now I’m failing.