Writers block, I have it. I’ve been sitting in front of the computer for the last hour while watching American Idol and I have written nothing. I have no desire to be witty (am I normally? – I do try lol) I have no idea how to start. So when this happens I do.. well… this. What I’m doing right now. I write about not being able to write. Cures is every time! :)
- Let me start by saying… "Holy Crap.. Maybe I WAS RIGHT!" So many times I share my opinion, my perspective but I generally don’t have much to back it up except my own personal experience and theories. For example, recently Marie asked if I thought a calorie was a calorie and my reply was Yes and No. Yes, I believe if you only eat x-number of calories you will lose weight regardless of where the calories are coming from. HOWEVER, it’s not realistic and almost impossible. If you only ate 1200 calories of pizza once a day you would probably lose weight but can you eat just once a day? And if so for how long? So when push comes to shove as long as you reduce your calories and burn more then you bring in, you will lose weight. The key is to find a way to do that happily and healthily (is that a word) where you can maintain it long term while learning good habits along the way. Check out these two articles that discuss this study. Cutting calories key to weight loss: study and Study Zeroes In on Calories, Not Diet, for Loss.
- Ok, that was my one deep thought this week. :) My next has to do with the husband. Now you guys know I talk about him a lot. I make fun of his eating habits on GreenLiteBites. I even use him as an example in posts because he’s "naturally thin". It’s all in good fun. He’s can take it and gets chuckles out of most things I write. Anyway, I get on his case all the time about his diet and unhealthy habits and boy, does he get on a nerve when I want to make something different for dinner. However our relationship is very functional. More then function, it’s great! Which is more then I can say for this couple. You guys will have chime in, but I just didn’t get that whole article except for the point that men tend to have it easier on the weight loss front. Other then that I was confused by the whole "war."
- Anyway…. Good news for anyone who wants to try VitaTops! They are having another special just for my readers called BYOB. Buy a 24 and get 6 free when you use the code WRN33109. Don’t want to buy that many? You can still use the RonisWeigh code for 10% off anything you order!
- Oh! and even more reason to get some SLEEP! Not only does it help you achieve balance it also helps on the weight loss front! -Thanks Liz!
- Alright so you may have noticed I did a bit of rearranging here on Roni’s Weigh. I decided to go with an ad network called RGM. They are the same folks behind DivineCaroline, a really cool women’s online mag. So I’ll be contributing a few posts there as well. This week I shared some of my older posts, Zucchini and Spaghetti Squash Lasagna and House Plants and Dieters: More in Common Than you Think?
- On GreenLiteBites this week I went a little dessert happy posting Instant Vanilla Pudding Cups with Banana and Sprinkles and Chocolate Cookie Crisps. Dinner yesterday was Meatball Mac which was this weeks video post.
- RoniNoone.com saw three posts this week. First My Video Hosting History with Lessons Learned, then a laugh with Jon Stewart about Twitter and today, Part 1 of my series HTML That All Bloggers Should Know.
- In the works… 2 product reviews with 2 giveaways, a book review I promised 2 Thursday Thoughts ago, and a trip down memory lane (those on facebook may know what I’m talking about.) ;~)
One more thing…. I have to share my 5 mile run today. I was surprised how easy it was (WOW did I just say that??? OMG I DID!) Training is going well! Check out my schedule/journal for the last 2 months! I’m in total uncharted fitness territory! Here’s the run…