What a day! Between setting the clock ahead and staying up late last night to see The Watchmen I was EXHAUSTED. It took every fiber of my being to get out the door and go for my long run this morning. I’m into uncharted miles and quite frankly, I’m scared. I just don’t know if I have the chops to be such a long distance runner. BUT I have to admit this 7 miles was, in a strange way, fun.
I ran on a bike path of a busy road that I drive all the time. It was weird, different, HILLY and hard. What was going through my head? Well…
- I kept reminding myself of what my friend David told me about keeping my head up. I’d focus on something in front of me, like a stop sign, run to it and then pick a new focal point. I swear since I started doing that, I shaved about 20 seconds off my mile.
- I thought of @andreajm‘s advice. She told me to just put one foot in front of the other and take in the scenery when I told her I was nevous.
- I kept reminding myself how great I’d feel when I was done. I thought of my little Nike+ chart and how awesome it would be to post it with my longest distance yet and share the run with you.
- It may sound bad, but I kept thinking of all the candy I ate at the movies last night. I went a weee bit overboard and I knew the run would make me feel better about it.
- Finally, I thought of the toddler, of course. He’s always so cute.. "Mommy… are you going running?" "Why yes, I am." "Have fun!" :) I love the example I’m setting for him.
When I got home from the run the family was all about Wii bowling. The Toddler lasted about 3 frames. I don’t know if it’s his age or personality but, boy, he gets easily frustrated! So we put him down to nap and commenced the battle. The husband and I had a blast! I’ll tell you what, the Wii is by far my favorite game system. The games we have are so simple yet SO fun!
After our Wii fun the husband decided to take advantage of the nice weather and hit the driving range. I decided to take advantage of the quiet house and nap. :) That’s 2 naps in 2 days for me! I just figure it’s not worth trying to accomplish everything under the sun while the toddler is down. Especially with all the working out I’ve been doing. I’m just trying to make an effort and be more conscious of my body’s needs.
Once we woke up, we took the toddler to a local park, went for a nice walk and had dinner at Subway. Afterward we went grocery shopping as a family. It was such a great day!
Oh! I forgot to tell you where "Sleeveless" came in on the "Sensational Sleeveless Sunday!" It was SO warm today I went running in a tank top. The weather really could not have been more perfect! It was so nice not bundling up to brave the cold for a run. YAY Spring! It can’t come soon enough!
Here’s my menu. Hope you had a great weekend!
|Food||Units||1 banana oatmeal cup with chocolate chips||2|
|banana after my run||2|
|poor man’s egg “salad” sandwich||4|
|6 inch turkey sub, baked chip and too many bites of the toddlers pizza at subway – total estimate||15|
Table provided by Roni’s Food Tweet, Eat, Post Generator.