- Blog Topics
I shocked myself today.
I, Roni, the same girl who couldn’t handle walking 1/2 mile to her classes in college, just got back from a 3.5 mile run, RUN, in the FREEZING cold. Seriously, am I the same women I was 5 years ago? I look down and see a completely different physique. The mirror shows a reflection that looks slightly familiar but just not the same. My hair has grown, my face thinned, the crows are starting to leave their foot prints. My closet is filled with sizes I thought were reserved for "the lucky ones". Even my drawers are stuffed with workout sweats that I do more in then just sleep.
When did this happen?
On my run, with my face numb from the wind and my hands sweaty in a pair of big winter gloves, I started to contemplate. WHAT in the world am I doing? Who am I? Who does this? Didn’t I used to make fun of people like me. The people who workout on vacation. Who wake up and run at the crack of dawn. I thought they were insane. Why would anyone do such things? It’s torture.
I’m not kidding I used to think they were crazy. Now look at me. I bundled up and ran mid-day in 20 degree weather and actually ENJOYED it. Don’t get me wrong, the first mile was SHEAR TORTURE! I almost stopped 5 separate times. I fought the "I can’t do this" thoughts over and over again. But I did it. I just kept doing it. I knew at the end it would be worth it and it was. Right now I feel amazing.
I don’t know where I’m going with this. I just felt compelled to write and do some self-analysis. I want to remember this feeling so I can go back and read my thoughts next time I’m unmotivated. Sometimes, I swear, I don’t know who I am or where this motivations comes from. I think it’s just inertia.
Have you ever shocked yourself? Anyone want to share so I don’t feel alone in my "who am I" thoughts? :)
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
- Weekend Quote: I Run Because...
- To Weigh or Not To Weigh: That is the Question
- Wednesday Weigh In: Selling Ourselves Short
- Obesity Awareness: Are We Numb?
- A Relaxing Sensational Sunday
- Should Strong be the New Skinny?
- Thirteen Thursday Thoughts
- Wednesday Weigh In: The Daily Cycle
- VitaCake ‘Recipe’ Contest Winners Announced!
- Baltimore Color Run from The Eyes of The 7-Year-Old
- Scenes from my Sensational Mother's Day Sunday
- Weekend Quote: Comfort Zone
- This Just in...
- A Post-Vacation Weigh In
- 20 Fun Yogurt Topping Ideas
- Home on this Sensational Sunday!
- Weekend Quote: Missing Happiness
- Running on Vacation
- A Pre-Vacation Wednesday Weigh In
- So, You Want to Run a Tough Mudder?
- What a Weekend!
- Weekend Quote: Right Not To Care
- Note to Self...
- Wednesday Weigh In: Just 1 Variable
- Ask Roni: Movie Snacks, Paleo, Finding Time, Maintenance, My Inspiration.
- Post Event Blah
- 2 Days-2 Tough Mudders-2 Minutes
- Women, Men and Beauty. I needed a good laugh.
- Does Anyone Mind if I Just Let My Brain Dump?
- Wednesday Weigh In: GOOOOOAAAAALLLL!
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.