What a day! I’m jumping right in this tonight…
- First of all I had a chat, a webside chat if you will, with Mr. Jack Humphrey. He should have the podcast posted sometime tomorrow. We talked about blogging and all my sites. It’s kind of funny, I never really think I’m doing that much until someone points it out to me. I appreciated the talk, because being a blogger is surprising lonely. Not in a bad way, per se, just that you don’t go to an office and mingle around a water cooler. I really think that’s why things like twitter are so cool. It gives us lonely work at home people an outlet to connect. Anyway, I’ll post the link when it goes live.
- You MUST read this article about running and body image EB sent me. MUST! It captures my thoughts on running exactly and it’s why I fight tears when I cross a finish line looking over at the toddler cheering me on. Or when he says "Did you have a good run mommy?"
- Need a different type of motivation? Check out this video Alisha sent. We have No Excuses. RIGHT?!?
- Back to sappy… Now, I realize this video is a little odd as it has customer service undertones but that aside I found it touching. And of course… I cried. (I’m trying so hard to embrace my sap-hood, very hard.) LOL I’m such a subscriber to the "do something special" mindset.
- Blogging for weight loss is something I’m very passionate about. I feel so strongly about it, I created BlogToLose! And I’m not the only blogger that credits the act of blogging as a huge part of her success. Shauna, aka Dietgirl does as well. She’s been publicizing her new book stopping here a few weeks ago and more recently being interview on the CBS Morning Show. How cool is THAT! Congrats again Shauna!
- Chocolate time!! You guys know about the RonisWeigh code for Vitalicious products right? Well they are running an even sweeter Valentines promotion. Use the code EVDY3ZZ9 and get 15% off you own Valentines chocolate pack! That’s 24 VitaTops for $27.63. Pretty sweet, right? Maybe we should rethink Valentines Chocolates for our sweethearts this year. ;~)
- How about the moms? Any moms out there looking to lose the "baby weight?" Honestly, I hate that term. I mean I get it, you gain weight during a pregnancy but it’s not any different if you gain weight not being pregnant. Right? Am I the only one that feels that way? Either way I was asked to review The Baby Fat Diet. Besides the name (and the fact that it ends in "diet" another one of my pet peeves but I’ll save that for another time) the book is really cute and offers some great advice. Ignore the title and the cheesy cover the contents are very educational and support the lifestyle change approach to living healthier (not just a diet.)
- Speaking of "lifestyle" I posted Lifestyle is Not a Dirty Word, my last guest post for Diets In Review. I was their featured guest writer this month. It was fun, but honestly I welcome one less thing to do this weekend. :)
- I’m making progress on the new blog. Dare I say I may be ready to go live this weekend? I’m not sure I want to commit but I am getting there. In preparation if you have any techie or blogging type questions feel free to ask them here. I want to the new blog to be mostly content you guys drive as I don’t know what you don’t know about blogging! Does that make sense? ;~P
- GreenLiteBites this week was all about leftover chicken breast. I made a humongous Guac Chicken Sandwich and a Roasted Red Peppers and Spinach Salad with Leftover Chicken and Flaxseeds. And the toddler and I recorded ourselves makin’ Banana Pancakes, one of our favorite breakfasts.
- Training is going… ummm.. ok? My running dropped off this week but I’ve been keeping up with (what I think) is equivalent cardio. A little ice storm and knee worry can really throw you off.
- As for the house… we had one showing to a couple of agents and they said they want to bring their client in next week. I’m not getting my hopes up but it’s a bit comforting that someone wants to see it.
- In the works… I have NO idea. I have a few thoughts (get it? get it?) but I really don’t know what I’m up to next week. :)
- Oh! and I’m totally behind on email but I’m still taking the night off. I’m in the mood for some mindless television tonight and 11th hour is on. I’m starting to like that show.
Hope you have a great evening and wonderful Friday! :)