With all my real estate worries in my head I’m surprised I actually have other thoughts to share. But I did jot a few things down this week…
- Let me step back on my soap box about Diet Soda. Remember a couple of weeks ago I said it was my personal mission to spread the joys of water drinking. That means ditching the diet soda for some of you. I know, I know, you can’t give it up. But listen, I’m not asking you to. I’m just trying to get you to replace a few cans with some good old fashion water. Just one maybe two a day? You can handle that right? Ok, I’ll make a deal with ya. Next time you’re sipping your fav diet soft drink just read this. Just read it. That’s all I ask. It’s step one of my reduce your Diet Soda mission. :~)
- Speaking of missions, another one of mine is spreading self-love. Sounds corny, I know but I truly believe my food disfunction and weight problems all stemmed from a poor body image. It wasn’t until I was able to accept myself that I could move past the "diet mentality". This is what I talk about in my 3 Steps to A Healthier YOU series. I see posts like this from a seventeen year old and shudder. We worry SO much the number on the scale and how others will accept us that we start that unhealthy realtionship with food. We just need to eat consciously, stacy active and live life! And we need to set goals that are internally driven not influence by what we thing others think. You know what I mean, right? I love this article by Debbie Mandel talking about New Years Resolutions this year. Debbie has a site and I found this video about "turning on your inner light." Again… sounds cheesy but she gives some great advice. She mentions body confidence towards the end.
- On the funnier side of the body image things, These cartoons cracked me up!
- I also found myself cracking up at MommyMcButterpants post this week about sharing food. Am I showing my age by saying I miss Friends? :~P
- With all the running I’ve been doing in preparation for my marathon aspirations Elaine’s post was appreciated. I will cross that finish line. I WILL!
- This week’s guest post is up in DietsInReview. I talk about the 3 reasons why I think Weight Watchers worked for me.
- I also pitched 3 ideas for the BlogHer Conference in July. My geekish like ideas are What is CSS and how do I use it with WordPress? and Dissecting a WP Theme and Customizing Self-Hosted WordPress. I also thought it would be fun to do a session on Blogging to Lose where we could have a discussion about blogging to achieve healthy goals. If you are interested in attending any of these session click on the "I would attend this session" on top the page. This will let the BlogHer people know there is interest so I can offer them.
- On GreenLiteBites this week I actually posted 2 videos (only because I was late last week). First I made a quick creamy dressing with avocado and then the toddler and I made burgers in the oven. I also made a whole grain banana bread in a bundt pan. It’s my new favorite. :)
Other quick news bites….
- Every morning I have a mini heart attack about the possible move. Our house will official be on the market tomorrow morning.
- This weekend I’m heading out with a friend of mind to relax. We are going have a few drinks and go dancing. I need it. I just need a day where I think of NOTHING but having a good time. I can NOT WAIT!
- Training is going well. I can’t believe I’m doing all this running! I thought I liked it before now I KNOW i do. I don’t even mind going out in the cold anymore. Click here to see my training updates.
- Things in the works… 2 food reviews, a food scale contest and, ummmm, oh yea, a book review for new moms. :)
ok, I now need to go and touch up the paint on my walls. I can’t believe how many scuffs there are!