Heading out for a run soon, I have to hop right in…
- Ben from build-muscle-and-burn-fat.com asked if he could use me as an example in his new eBook on Self Motivation. Apparently he things I’m a good example of his 4th tip, “Tell People”. Who? … Me? *pointing to self* Naaa I’m a pretty private person, I don’t share much of anything. Do I? (ok, bad attempt at sarcasm :) If you are interested in a quick read on motivation you should check it out. Ben has some great insights.
- Since I’m on the eBook kick, have you guys visited Leigh Peele of avidityfitness.net. I linked to her once before because she has a cool video on calculating body fat. She also has recently released a new eBook package called Fat Loss Troubleshoot. It’s a jam packed collection of resources and insights on battling the bulge. I do have to say, Leigh’s program isn’t for those that need help with the emotional side weight loss. People who may need something more like Beck’s book. This eBook collection is more of a scientific approach. I just know the Roni of a few years ago would buy it thinking I’d get thin overnight and when that didn’t happen I’d go right back to my old habits becuase I wasn’t in the right mindset to loose. That being said, I thought some of you may be interested who are in the right mindset. :)
- Ok, enough of the eBooks! Here’s a link I posted on twitter a few days ago about soda and your body. Now I know most of you who drink soda drink diet but still…. too much can’t be good. Right? Swap just one of your default sodas this week for a glass of water. Just one. PLEASE I think I may make it my personal mission to spread the joys of water drinking! :)
- My other personal mission. Spreading confidence and a good body image. I still struggle myself, you guys know that, but I think by throwing it out there we can help each other on self love thing. That’s what Ellen did and I think all should read her thank you note to her body.
- Onto more FUN news! Have you heard Giyen is now FAMOUS! :) CNN is going to be following her weight loss story unfold has she does video posts for them. Congrats Giyen! Just know… you are inspiring many. More then you will ever realize!
- Speaking of inspiring, apparently I inspired Kristy to make pumpkin bread. LOL It’s so strange to see the GreenLiteBites effect spread to other video bloggers. So cool!
- Also cool… Diets in Review asked me to be this months featured blogger! I’ll be writing a post for them every Tuesday and the series started off with my take on A Day in the LIfe of a Weight Watcher.
- GreenLiteBites activity has been quite slow this New Year. Last thursday I posted a video about how I prepped for an impromptu New Years Eve party and today I just posted this weeks video, Chocolate Ricotta Rolls (my new fav snack!) In between I answered a question about cod and made chocolate pancakes. :) I also made a quick fried rice meal but haven’t had time to post it yet. Hopefully I will this weekend.
- Other news… I’m hoping to have my new techie blog launched by the end of the month. Nothing crazy just a simple outlet where I can provide help on the blogging front. I’m also getting the itch to start working on the cook book again. It really set me back when I lost my progress a few months ago. For the blog, I’m working on a food and product review, and 2 AskRoni videos! They’re recorded, I just have to get them uploaded!
Right now I’m off for a quick run. So far my training has been going well but it’s still early and I’m not into the long distances YET. I have to admit, I’m a bit scared of the weeks to come!
Ok, signing off for now! Talk to you later.
Oh! Wait! The giveaway… I almost forgot!
Stonyfield Farm, you know, the yogurt people. They have a new recipe page for all things yogurt and wanted to offer one of my readers a “YoBaker” package consisting of $50 worth of coupons for free Stonyfield yogurt with an oven mitt and spatula. Everyone who leaves a comment will be automatically entered! I’ll pick a random winner next Thursday!
Now I’m out. :)