Geesh! How’d I get backlogged again? I almost missed Thursday Thoughts! I also have 2 videos I want to post and tomorrow I’m off for a weekend getaway. It’s the husbands birthday! Actually I have a few getaways planned in the coming month, I’ll fill you in on those later.
I didn’t collect too much this week but I have a few links to share…
- First. In honor of my marathon goals I present Nova’s Marathon Challenge. Can a group of sedentary non-athletes be transformed in nine months into a team that can complete the Boston Marathon? Click here to watch the documentary online. Thanks Jennifer and RooBabs, I love it!
- Now… Are you a charity case? :) Wait, that’s now what I mean. lol Are you someone who’d rather give then receive. Someone who likes to volunteer their time to serve the greater good. Then maybe pledging pounds for charity will motivate you. The Biggest loser is having a pound for pound challenge that benefits Feeding America. For every pound you lose, they will donate 10¢!
- OK, so who likes Jessica Alba? I’m a fan. Dark Angel… Sin City… Loved her! What I don’t like is the media messing with her image. Taking a beautiful women and turning her into a plastic mannequin while creating an impossible image for young girls to look up to. Skinny vs Curvy has a before and after side by side that’s just, in my opinion appalling. Please show the young girls in your life so they don’t think these images are actually real.
- Now for a giggle and this one is for all my fellow Weight Watcher friends out there. A close friend of mine turned me onto Little Britain, a sketch comedy show on the BBC. They have a regular skit called Fat Fighters staring Marjorie Dawes, a rude and crude weight loss support group leader. I find it hysterical but I’m warnin’ ya, it’s a little, umm how do I say, sketch comedy like. So if you aren’t into that kind of stuff and are easily offended, don’t hit play. :)
- Other then those few things, my buddy Tanya over on iateapie.net asked my favorite food products of 2008. Click here to check it out. Poke around her site a bit, she’s got a lot of great products up their.
- Another slow week on GreenLiteBites. Click here to check out the toddler and I making my whole grain chocolate cookie idea (yummy I might add) for this weeks video. I’m hoping to post one more cookie idea next week as I’ll be baking for Christmas. I also made a quick pumpkin smoothie and answered a question about my recipes.
- As for me? Well I FINALLY recorded a couple of Ask Roni’s so keep an eye out for those. I still have 2 book reviews to post and now I have like 3 product reviews piling up. Oh! and another giveaway. Seriously, I can’t keep up! I think I need to hire an intern! ;~P
Of course the holiday season isn’t helping AND the husband’s birthday mixed in just makes it worse. That sounds bad doesn’t it? Actually I’m welcoming our little weekend getaway, we’ve both been so busy it’ll be nice to spend some time alone together. :)