Confession time…. I can’t keep up. I just can’t. I abandoned my RSS reader months ago because I got tired of seeing "5692 messages unread". It’s just depressed me. Instead, I do my best to surf and read sites when I have time. Which is joke because I NEVER have time. I try though.
Here are a few posts that caught my attention this week. Some I commented on, some I didn’t. I read more since becoming a blogger then I have my first 20-something odd years on this planet. It’s unbelievable.
Let the links begin…
- Mo over at Big Fat Deal discusses Oprah’s recent revelation that she’s mad at herself for gaining weight again. In my opinion, Oprah shows she’s no different then the rest of us, struggling with body image that creates the yo you dieting cycle from hell that many of us are victims of ourselves. I just can’t believe with all she has accomplished that she (Oprah) hasn’t yet accepted her body yet. Remember my 3 steps to a healthier you? Yup… it’s STEP 1! I think Oprah needs me on her show to tell her that, don’t you? ;~P
- LeeseKnits, one of our fellow BlogToLose’rs wrote a Diary of a Mad Fat Woman. She has a good talking to herself and I think a lot of us can relate.
- Kristin from Shoutin’ From the Rooftop is running a cool contest for those of us interested in Weight Watchers. The prizes include a Points calculator, a Weight Watchers cookbook, and her her favorite snacks. WHOO HOO
- Charlie over on Back To The Fridge has a great post about childhood crushes. I shared my love for Matthew Brodericks and Jon Cryer’s of the world but I forgot to mention John Cusack! I definitely have a "type" there, don’t I? lol The husbands fits right in too. ;~P
- Carla of MizFitOnline has a guest post today for the "Perfected Avocado Smoothie" which is too funny as I was just looking at avocados and trying to figure out how to get them into my diet as I’m not the biggest fan.
- Crabby of Cranky Fitness wrote a grumpy post about Antioxidants and aging. As I’m not getting any younger I share her grumpy attitude on the subject of a new study.
- Kris wrote something on BlogToLose a few weeks ago that made me laugh aloud. She posted a quick story about how she overcame the urge to run through a drive-thru by asking WWRD? That is "What Would Roni Do?". LOL What do you think? Can you see a line of WWRD products? A bracelet? Mug? Maybe even a magnet for your fridge. LMAO sorry… just CRACKS me up!
- Mel from The Daily Mel wrote up a great review of the new Weight Watchers Momentum plan. Her’s provides a bit more details then my short ramble did. I thought you guys would appreciate it.
- Lynn over on Lynn’s Weigh reminds us that food can equal love and sometimes that’s ok. The holiday season is about family, memories and traditions don’t let your diet ruin your fun and don’t let the fun ruin your diet. As Lynn so eloquently says, "I hope you’ll think about how food and love intersect in your life. Yes, there’s a lot of food out there right now, but which ones mean more to you than empty calories and heartburn? "
OK, I can go on and on here. You know that. There are just so many great bloggers out their sharing their experiences, ideas, tips, insights and lives. It’s so AWESOME isn’t it?
As for me on this gloomy Thursday well…
- I’m making a fresh batch of my Homemade Sauce and I’m going to experiment with a bread-less eggplant parmesan recipe later tonight. GreenLiteBites was a little slow this week. I posted this weeks video making my new favorite lunch, Bulgur with Peas and Pomegranate and last night I whipped up some roasted tomatoes for a quick snack.
- I was also humbled this morning when I read DietInReview.com’s Diet Awards 2008. GreenLiteBites won Best Healthy Recipe Blog and Roni’s Weigh was a runner up for Best Diet Blog! WOW. I realize there are are so many good sites and blogs out there so to even be considered is a compliment. Thank you so much Brandi!
- Other news… I’m working on my day in the life video post and review of the Nokia camera phone. I SHOULD have it out this weekend. I also have a post I’ve been trying to find time to work on. Not to mention to pile of books I’m trying to review. Plus a new contests, especially for those interested in the Zone diet. Ummmm I think that’s it. It’s probably not but if I end there I’ll feel better. :)