I REALLY didn’t think I’d have time to write this week’s Thursday Thoughts but being that I missed last weekend due to the holiday (which went off without a hitch, by the way) I had to squish in a quick post before putting the Christmas lights out with the family.
Because I haven’t had much time, I haven’t done much blog reading, or any reading for that matter so my thoughts are going to be pretty egocentric (not that half of them aren’t normally anyways :)
SO here goes…
- As if I didn’t have enough things to attend to I started to blog on my friend, the designer’s site. I will NO WHERE NEAR post as frequently as I do here but I’m going contribute a few articles a month. Mostly because there are somethings I want to blog about that don’t necessarily fit the weight loss arena or the food arena (yes I have other interests! lol). I guess you can say his blog will be my outlet for other topics, like design, maybe techie stuff. Although I was thinking of creating a new blog (YES I’m crazy) for my geek side. I feel like I have a lot to share and I’d love to help people with their blogs in the process. Mind you, this is just a thought! Nothing in the works quite yet! In the mean time, you can check out my first post about why I blog on dzobel.com by clicking here.
- Not only have I been writing for another site but I was also interviewed for another blog. Workout Mommy (who is super cool, I got to meet her in Chicago) asked if I’d answer a few questions for her "One Fit Mommy" series and I happily said yes. You can check out my interview by clicking here.
- I also got tons of work done recently. If you remember, Michele asked for a reader map. Well, I found one I fell in LOVE with and got it set up over on BlogToLose. So if you have a chance click here and add yourself. I’d LOVE to see where everyone’s from!!
- As for GreenLiteBites, of course I did something fun with my turkey leftovers, making a Curried Turkey salad with Apple and Pear. Yesterday I posted the video of the week, where I make dinner from beginning to end in 20 minutes while listening to the grinch. :~) Oh! and I made a new breading for tilapia, not that the husband even really noticed. ;~)
- Other then that I did Weigh-in yesterday for the first time in almost 2 months. TWO MONTHS! I couldn’t believe it. I don’t know where the time goes. Anyway for all my worries and "fat feelings", wondering if I’m reall getting it, even through the holiday, I was only up .4lbs. In a maintainer’s book, that’s nothin’ Every weigh has me more and more confident, this one especially. I really thought I was going to be over my Weight Watchers goal and I’ve been really scared of the scale. Trusting yourself is a HUGE part of the journey and I’m getting there, slowly. Click here to check out my updated weight progress page.
- Other then that, if you didn’t notice I updated my twitter food journal tool. Click here to check it out. I’ve been using it the last few days and it’s been making journaling really fun (for this geek at least!) If you are interested in following my food journal account click here to check out RonisFood. If you’ve been considering keeping a food journal yourself, you should check out this article on the benefits. It talks about intuitive eating which I know some of you follow.
- Things I’m working on… I have a ton of video footage I haven’t even begun to edit from my min-documentry (a day in the life). I’m going to get working on that before recording any new Ask Roni’s. I also have a post I’m working on and quite a full inbox to attend to. Oh! and of course the scale contest. If you haven’t entered click here to check it out. I may have a fun announcement about that in the next few days. Oh! Oh! I have books coming out of my ears too! So expect some book reviews these next few weeks.
Ok, I’m out. There no way the husband is going to get these lights up himself. Plus the toddler and I have a pile of leaves in the front yard that are just begging for us to jump into. :~)
Have a great night!