OK, this is VERY weird for me. As I’m writing this I’m recording a video while reviewing a new camera phone. Nokia sent me one of their phones as a trial so I can record a "Day in the Life" video of myself while I review the video phone. I’ll post more about that later, but I started the recording today and I plan on doing clips up until tomorrow morning. It’s weird but fun as you guys know how much I like to talk. ;~P Honestly, I feel like I’m doing my own reality show, it’s kind of crazy. LOL
Anyway, let’s get to these thoughts!
- First, I have to mention this as I was unaware. I just saw this article about Adderall and how teen are using it for weight loss. Apparently it’s a drug for ADD and one of the side effects is decreased appetite. PLEASE is you have a teenager or college age child (or if you are one yourself) make sure to educate yourself about this drug. I found this site that talks about the side effects, one of them being DEATH! It’s scary that we, as young women would go to such extremes and I’m not going to lie, 10 years ago, if this was available I would probably be considering it. How do we stop this cycle and get these girls to focus on health instead of dangerously thin as the goal??
- I don’t know the answer but one company that’s trying to help is Dove. They contacted me recently and asked if I would spread the word about their campaign for real beauty. Of course I said OF COURSE! :~) So please click here to check out their site where you can download free self-esteem building tools for girls, moms and mentors like, True You and Mirror, Mirror booklets, Interactive exercises and Workshop Facilitator Guide DVD.
- Now I’ll shift the focus to a healthy article. I found this one about color in your diet. I love the idea of eating by color and trying to include the most colorful foods in your diet. Last year I got this book, called Eating by Color: For Maximum Health. It’s beautiful and a total inspiration for all us crazy home cooks. :~P
- Now it’s time for a laugh. Someone left me this link on a comment (I swear I can’t find it now, please let me know who you are, I feel like I’m going crazy) and it is the most hysterical thing I ever saw. Being a "closet inventor" I laughed aloud because I, myself had some pretty bad ideas but this takes the CAKE! Seriously you have to click here and watch it.
- GreenLiteBites updates this week…. First I made some "healthy" nachos using soy crisps, it’s more of an idea then a recipe. I continued my Thanksgiving Prep series finalizing the perfect Creamy Mashed Potato Recipe (the husbands words, not mine!) and I took my hand at an oatmeal contest with Trail Blazin’ Quick Oats! Oh! and the toddler and I recorded a video for a contest we can’t enter. Long story. :~) This week I’m planning on a sweet potato idea for Thanksgiving and tonight I’m finalizing my Red Rice recipe.
- Speaking of GreenLiteBites you have to check out my new T-Shirt Model! Christy was nice enough to not only buy the GreenLiteBites shirt but she model it on her site. So sweet of her! Thanks so much Christy, you truely are a friend. :~)
- Speaking of T-shirts I’m happy to pre-announce 3 new toddler shirt designs inspired by none other then… dun dun dun…. the toddler! :~P You have to check out the "It’s all just chicken to me" shirt and my two egg cracker ideas. I just ordered mine! Can’t wait to get them. I’ll try to do a video or at least take some photos when we do. So CUTE! Thanks to the designer for all the help and visual inspiration! :~)
- Things in the works…. well for one, this day in the life video using the Nokia phone, an article in prevention I want to mention, I recorded 2 Ask Roni Sessions yesturday, a new scale review and giveaway, more coupons to give to you guys, and…. Ummmmm… hmpf? I think that’s all. Well, besides the fact that it’s Thanksgiving in a WEEK! So I’ll be preparing for that.
OK, gotta run, have a BILLION things to do today!