It feels like forever since doing a Thursday Thoughts post. I’m going to hop right into the random goodness! ;~)
- First, you guys are going to TOTALLY think I’m making this up but believe me, I’m not that clever. A few weeks ago as a joke Charlie sent me this link about age and memory after I made a comment that I can’t seem to remember anything anymore. Well… wait for it… wait for it… I FORGOT to include it in my last Thursday Thoughts post. LOL Is that ironic or what? Wait… did I use ironic right? Maybe it’s just a coincidence. Whatever, I think it’s funny. LOL
- Now for a giggle. A few weeks ago (can you tell I’m still trying to catch up) I asked everyone on twitter if they had any advice for me regarding "the cat" digging in my plants. I received a bunch of great advice and actually haven’t had a problem since (although she did kill my aloe plant. :~( Anyway, along with the great advice I received this link that cracks me up every time I watch it. What is so funny about throwing a cat of it’s guard?? It just cracks me up!
- What do you see when you look at Halle Berry? I’ll admit it, in my younger days I wish I looked like Halle. I wish I had her body, her physique, her confidence in a swimsuit. Little did I know she also struggles with body image. Revealing recently that her body image role model is Kate Winslet! WHO (is someone else I also admire) struggled with body image issues herself! Saying recently "…once a fat kid, always a fat kid." Let’s think about this people, really. Even the women we see as being the most gorgeous, thinnest, confident women in the world struggle with body image. We as "normal" folk either hate or want to look like the actresses and models we see in magazines and on TV. While the actresses and models are struggling themselves. If anything this should be eye opening. Love who YOU are. Don’t compare, don’t be jealous, don’t envy. It’s not worth it. Life is way to short.
- So let’s focus on health for a minute, instead of losing weight. Most of us are infatuated with being thinner that we forget that it has to be about getting healthier. One way I focus on healthy is by trying new and fun produce. Last year I did a pomegranate produce pick. It was the first time I tried the interesting fruit and now I’m hooked. As well, I should be, it good for me! If you are scared to try this intimating produce, check out the video the toddler and I did showing just how easy it is to clean it. We recorded this before I was made aware of the POM Fresh Fun contest! Darn it! I entered anyway but if I knew before hand I would have at least showered for the video! LOL
- Since I already made the transition to GreenLiteBite links, I have to add I barely did anything on the food front this week. Besides my healthy lite Thanksgiving Stuffing recipe and this weeks video where the toddler and I make dinner, nothing else post worthy has been going on in my kitchen. Well, that’s not entirely true, I’m almost done finalizing a new oatmeal recipe for a Quaker contest they extended to us bloggers AND tonight I’ll be experimenting with red rice for a friend (does anyone have a good red rice recipe they want to share as I research?!? I never made it before.)
- While I’m talking about GreenLiteBites I should also mention I added a new product to the store. A few people mentioned that the aprons where a little dry just having a logo on them so I designed a new kids apron using our friend the Mr. Broccoli. I also added a dark shirt with the famous broccoli on it. Yesterday I met with the designer and I have 3 more ideas in the works! I can’t wait to share them with you when they are done. Let’s just say the next few will be in honor of the toddler!
- Let’s see… other then that, I think I can honestly say, nothing else is really going on (unless I’m forgetting something, which is probably the case.) My plan is to spend the next week or 2 organizing myself, my house and getting ready for Thanksgiving. I may have 13 people over for dinner! YIKES! It’ll be the first time I’m hosting a Turkey Day at my house! Monday I will be launching a new giveaway. I’ve made no significant progress on my cookbook since losing my last version (NOT thinking about it) and right now, my stomach is growling. I think it’s time to hit the kitchen for an early lunch. Which reminds me, I have two product reviews in the works as well! Ok, so maybe my “nothing else really going on” statement was a bit premature. :~)
Have an awesome Thursday!