- Blog Topics
A few months ago I reviewed Choice Ramen Noodles. I was ecstatic to find a healthier alternative to an old college favorite. I used them to experiment with quick meals like my Quick Ramen Noodle Lunch, Quick Ramen Noodle Lunch II and Ramen Chili. They were a fun pantry item to keep on hand for a fast filling meal in a hurry.
Well I just found out they are discontinuing the product line. Someone sent me an email letting me know and I wrote the company to verify.
This makes me sad and angry!
I know there’s a bottom line. I realize these companies need to make money but did they even try? Did they educate their consumers about the benefits of the healthier noodle? Do they care?
For God’s sake, It took me months, maybe even years to find them and I’m always hunting things down. Do you really mean to tell me if you had a choice you’d pick the deep fried option over the lighter choice? The one with less sodium, less calories and more fiber? How is this the right move for the company? Why don’t they pull the crap unhealthy $hit and replace it with the better option? No one says convenience foods can’t at least try to be a bit healthier. It’s not an all or nothing thing, people. Do we not see the problem with this?!? Don’t they want to make a healthier product?!?
Come ON people! (I’m not yelling at you, just venting) Don’t take the healthier options away!
If you agree with me and want to see this product stick around I suggest letting them know. I already sent an email. You now what response I was given when I asked if the the rumor about them pulling the product.
"Unfortunately, it is."
That was it. No explanation. Nothing. That ticked me off too. Here I am thanking them for an awesome product, going out of my way to advertise it for them because I think it’s a good option and all I get it 3 little words?
Sorry, I’m in a weird mood tonight. I’m not sure why, I had a good day. I’m off to work on the question of the week and to possibly have a snack.
|hardboiled egg / granola bar||4|
|#activity 1/5 hours with trainer||-3|
|leftover chili over a bead of baby spinach leaves||4|
|soy crisps (need to eat something before I go grocery shopping!)||3|
|chocolate covered plums sounds gross but Oh My Word! TASTY!||3|
|oven fried food fest||9|
Table provided byRoni’s Food Journal Generator.
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
- Taking a Wednesday Weigh In Moment
- Yippee for Vine on Android!
- What Are You Self-Conscious of?
- A Post-Birthday Father's Day
- Weekend Quote: Explode Beyond Your Limitations
- 3 New Food Finds
- Wednesday Weigh In: 3 Scale-Less Weeks!
- 5 Ways Ditching 'Perfect' has Made Me Happier, Healthier and More Successful
- Scenes from My Low-Key Sensational Sunday
- Weekend Quote: How would your life be different if…
- My Run Streak Continues with a Note About Committing
- Wednesday Weigh In!
- Let's Talk About Trigger Foods
- My Legs. What Legs?
- Avalanches Are Scary
- Weekend Quote: Uncomfortable
- Blog to Book: Musings from My Weight Loss Journey [Kindle Edition]
- A Weight-less Wednesday Weigh In
- Scenes From Our Memorial Monday
- Weekend Quote: I Run Because...
- To Weigh or Not To Weigh: That is the Question
- Wednesday Weigh In: Selling Ourselves Short
- Obesity Awareness: Are We Numb?
- A Relaxing Sensational Sunday
- Should Strong be the New Skinny?
- Thirteen Thursday Thoughts
- Wednesday Weigh In: The Daily Cycle
- VitaCake ‘Recipe’ Contest Winners Announced!
- Baltimore Color Run from The Eyes of The 7-Year-Old
- Scenes from my Sensational Mother's Day Sunday
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.