I went to post, realizing I totally forgot an intro! Oh well, I’m jumping right in…
- With all this Food Network Star talk I set off to test my cooking knowledge. LOL I’m not sure I have what it takes BUT I was happy to find out I know quite a few essential kitchen techniques. What a great and informative post, by the way. The videos were clear, the write ups descriptive and I loved the illustrations.
- Another thing we talked about this week was Charlie’s Book. It got me thinking about men and how I totally disrespected their weight loss struggles. So I thought I’d spread some link love to some of the guys in the weight loss blogosphere like, Mr. Meltdown, John, Rob and Israel all men, all struggling, all at different stages on the journey.
- The next little link nugget came from TwinToddlersDad of Little Stomaks. Check out his post about Food Labels in the UK. The idea is to color code the nutritional information so we can see immediately if the levels of fat, sugars, salt and so on are "Green", "Yellow", or "Red". I don’t know about you, but I think this is genius! Anyone work for the FDA? Can we get this on the agenda? :~)
- Another thing I thought genius…. Hally left a comment on GreenLiteBites and I checkout her blog. She has a cloth diaper touring the world and I think it’s AWESOME! I’m going to admit, I was a disposable girl myself. *No lectures, PLEASE* I kind of wish someone sent me a cloth diaper with instructions. I may have changed my ways!
- I received a plea from MaryB on BlogToLose. She’s worried that a lot of you don’t know about our forums, and I think she’s right! So I gave them a bit of a facelift, Took some advice from Stacey, added a food finds category and I’m mentioning it now. Here’s the deal for those of you who may not know. BlogToLose is the community I set up for those that want to find and give support on their weight loss journies. The name is a bit of a misnomer because you don’t actually have to blog unless you want to. You can sign up, leave comments for others blogs, participate in the forums and chat, even find and start your own sub groups. The idea started because I wanted to give people an easy way to blog and find each other but it’s grown to so much more. So if you haven’t already, please check it out and join me on the forums and chats!
- Ok, since I’m already talking about my own sites, I’ll mention what happened this week on GreenLiteBites. (like that transition? :~P) Earlier this week I whipped up a tasty, quick lunch with Ramen noodles again. Sometimes I love when I run out of food in the house! I also posted about bugler and how I used it yesterday in an idea I had for Fried Bulgur with Peas and Pomegranate. The pomegranate came from the hard labor of the toddler, as I put him to work in this weeks video, eating pomegranate. And finally, I had to use canned pumpkin for something, it IS october after all! So I whipped up some pumpkin pie oatmeal.
- OH! Here’s some more self advertising! :~) I FINALLY launched a simple store from some logo t-shirts. It’s not that extravagant but I have to start somewhere. I have tons more ideas but for now, I posted simple logos and some cute "the toddler" and "the husband" shirts. The cool thing, everything is completely customizable, so if you want to add your own text or graphics, feel free! Even change the style of shirt!
- Other news… STILL working on my last 2 giveaways, STILL have to edit my second video session from last friday but I do feel as if I accomplished something this week. What? I’m not quite sure. Tonight is pumpkin carving night, tomorrow I have a wedding (don’t ask), my in-laws are coming in, my house is a mess, and I’m having a get together for the Notre Dame/Pitt game on Sunday where I will be cooking for 6 plus the toddler. Good times! Always an adventure! I better sign off! :~)