These are slowly becoming my favorite posts. I like that I can rapid fire things things off to you as I have SO much I want to share! If I had full blog posts about each of these things I’d have to lock myself in a room for 12 hours just to write plus I think my blog would be boring as hell, becoming way too impersonal. At least I think so. Anyway, let’s get started…
- I’m not a vegetarian but I appreciate vegetarian and vegan cooking a lot! Their recipes are normally whole grain, full of veggies (of course) use a lot of beans, and are just overall healthy but River from Wing-It Vegan shows us they can be festive too! Check out all of the awesome Halloween and fall ideas! My favorites are Halloweegan Spookitty Heads and Halloweegan Stuffed Peppers! Seriously, just TOO cool!
- I’ve talked about body image issues in the past, about the tricks our mind plays on us, about how my dad had a hand in shaping it, and how I think weight training is really helping me overcome it and how I really think poor body image started my weight issues to begin with. I know I’m not the only one out there with these issues. Check out diet blog’s post about improving body image for some help..
- For me, poor body image lead to overeating so lets follow suit. I am famous for saying this like… "I just want something." or "Sure, I can eat" even when I’m not physically hungry. Well this long article/interview sheds some interesting light.
- Yesterday I posted my Fitness Challenge results and one the things we measured was my body fat percentage. Well, awhile back someone (please forgive me I can’t remember) sent me this interesting video by Leigh Peele about how to correctly calculate it. I’ve been meaning to post about body fat percentage as a weight loss measurement tool but I haven’t had the time. So for now I’ll just pass on this link. :~)
- I’ve also been meaning to spend some time on this site that jynell sent me a few weeks back, but again, I haven’t had time. It helps track your training and I really should get in there as I embark on a new workout routine!
- The next link is a bit self serving… Vitalicious launched a new blog and look who’s feautured right now! :~)
- Ok, finally, you want motivation? I’ll give you motivation! Check out Donna! "Donna has lost over 100 pounds, reeled in her spiraling health, and transformed into an athlete beyond her wildest expectations. Donna has completed numerous triathlons of varying distances, 5k’s, 10k’s, half marathons, marathons, and her most recent achievement IronMan Canada!" Her personal site can be found here. Now THAT is some motivation! Thanks Nina! For passing this link on!
*phew* that should keep you busy for a bit. :~) As or me and news, well…. I posted a few new ideas this week on GreenLiteBites including an awesome roasted veggie soup with bulgur, a quick pasta idea and the toddler and I made french toast for this weeks video. You can’t miss it, he was in rare form being, well…, three! LOL
Other things I’m working on… First run of t-shirts SHOULD be available by next week, along with a book review, coupon giveaway, a Vitalicious contest and whatever else pops in this crazy mind of mine. Oh! and I started on the blogroll! If you notice on the right side bar, all the way down I now display a few random blogs from my ever growing list. I’m working on adding more and possibly categorizing them but hey, at least it’s a start!
*holstering gun* ok, I’m done firing until next week.