It’s true, it took me longer to come up with my bubble blurb then to write the post. My creative juices ran dry today! :~) On with the thoughts!
- I’ve been thinking a lot recently about girls/women and body image. Beth sent me this amazing video about Fat Talk. I almost cried and it’s only a bunch of words on the screen! Can you tell this is a subject near and dear to my heart? Then I stumbled across this site showing examples of airbrushed models. How appropriate right? Please, PLEASE if you have a daughter or a young girl/women in your life show them these links. PLEASE
- Changing gears completely, yesterday I came across a blog post about exercise and weight loss. You guys know how I feel about the exercise thing and most of you know I didn’t really "exercise" while losing weight. Just some food for thought (pun, intended?) for those people who are wondering why all the exercise is not affecting the scale as much as they may like.
- When I was at BlogHer DC I linked to the Playtex Baby You Tube channel as they interviewed me when I first got the the conference. Well, it’s FINALLY posted. I guess I’m not the only one that takes forever to edit a video! ;~P
- Results for the Baltimore Running festival have also been posted! My team did awesome, coming in 285th out of 689! As a team we finished the marathon in just over 4 hours! and I ran 6 miles is 56:16 minutes!!! I can’t believe I beat my goal by almost 4 minutes! There IS something to that whole race adrenaline thing! :~)
- Other running news… I meant what I said about running the full marathon next year. To prepare I’m setting my sites on a 1/2 in the spring and then I’m going to follow Hal Higdon’s training guide for the full next fall. Honestly, I’m a little scared but I know I can do it, I think. :~P
- MizFit just posted an interesting guest post by Lynn of the Hungry Little Caterpillar. Her story reminded me a lot about my friends and experiences being the "chubby one" in High School and College. Weighing in at Weight Watchers this week and mentioning my Scale Habits again in yesterday’s video reminds me that that I have really moved on from the scale. My weigh in was so matter a fact I didn’t really care about the number and I literally haven’t stepped on my home scale in weeks. Honestly, I think this fact is a representation of how much I’ve grown on this journey. The scale was a big part of my success AND problem. I don’t think I’d be where I am today if I didn’t experience all my stops along the scale journey.
- This week I posted 3 things on GreenLiteBites. My 2 point stuffed mushrooms, a quick chicken wrap idea and of course the video of the week. This time the toddler and I make pasta for dinner, it’s 25 minutes of craziness but fun and tasty!
- Other news… I have SO much going on that I’m going to write it out more for my sake then yours. It helps me stay on task. Ok, here goes… I have 3 contest/giveaways coming up! They range from beverage coupons to sports bras with some yummy dessert in the middle. So stay tuned for those. I also have a bread review and another video to get up. Plus I’m working on Tweet, Eat, Post version 2 and my crazy blog roll. Not to mention my main stays of the t-shirts and cook book that keep getting pushed back. Needless to say I’m a busy bee with a messy house and a client that needs more attention then I have hours in the day. Tell me again why I quit my full time job. Oh yeah, to have more TIME! A ha, yea. :~P