If you haven’t noticed around here, I like features. You know, like, the Question of the Week, Weekend Quotes and my Ask Roni Sessions. I like them because they give me context in which to blog and you something to (hopefully) look forward to. Sometimes I feel like I run my own electronic magazine of sorts. Except I don’t have an editor so you’re stuck with all my typos. (Yes I know they are there. I also know I confuse then and than and overall my grammar is horrible. I got it.) :~p
Anyway, I’m getting away form the point of my new Thursday Thoughts feature. Thursdays I plan on linking to things I collected all week around the interweb (I love that word). These things may be other blogs posts, articles, news, games, whatever. They are just random thoughts. Hence the whole Thursday Thoughts concept.
Now I realize the graphic doesn’t make much sense as this is my first Thursday Thoughts post but give it time, it will. ;~) I also like branding features with images, although this is my first egocentric brand. I have to admit, I kind of like it. ;~P
Ok, I’m blubbering again, on to this Thursday’s Thoughts…
- Carmen posted a great link on my Aldi Shopping List post. Aldimeals.com has a neat recipe feature that lets you plan meals and print shopping lists. If you shop at Aldi’s it’s a must see!
- My question of the week post has drummed up many feelings and emotions for some of us, myself included. I wanted to point out Brainne response on her blog because I think I tend to focus on negative experiences while growing up and Brainne’s was positive. Her letter made me smile and I like how she analyzed where her weight issues come from. That was the point of this weeks question.
- I thought this quick slide show on MSN had some good tips. They could be considered old news but I think it’s important to be reminded sometimes. Plus I liked all the pretty pictures. ;~P
- Even though I like Panera, THIS is why I’m choosing to eat home more and more. You just don’t know what useless (potentially dangerous) crap they put in your food.
- Oh and apparently I’m not the only one hoping on the Boot Camp bandwagon. This article talks about the back to basics trend happening to workouts.
- On the food front, I confessed my instant brown rice dependence on GreenLiteBites and I’m in the process of experimenting with a whole grain, low fat blueberry “crumb” cake. My first attempt came out as a “not bad” but I want a few more tries at it before sharing it with you guys.
- Other news… I’m moving along on the cookbook AND my friend, I’m just going to call him “The Designer” from now on (he is far better then I) is helping me out on the T-shirt front! I hope to be offering some designs in the near future.
- Technical news… I’m having problems getting email AGAIN! So if you posted a comment or a question in the last 3 days I may not have gotten it. I’m doing my best on the comments but there is no way for me to retrieve lost Ask Roni questions. I’ll let you know when the problem is resolved. Sorry!
That’s it. What do you think? Should I continue Thursday Thoughts next Thursday? Lose the graphic? Stop thinking all together?