- Blog Topics
I found this bread a few days ago at my local BJ’s. I never heard of Lavash bread but it looked good, like a huge rectangle of flat bread (similar to flat out). Glancing at the nutritional information reveals it’s only 50 calories a serving! With 2g of fat and 3g of fiber. Now don’t get too excited, a servings is half a piece, but still for 100 calories you can’t beat the size.
The first time I tried it wrapped around a hot dog and baked beans. It was DELICIOUS! Soft and chewy. Half slice was just long enough for my Hebrew National. I also tried it with some deli ham, laughing cow and baby spinach. Yum again!
The cool thing… the bread is so soft that it kind of sticks to itself. Making wraps stay together better then traditional wraps or tortillas.
The bad thing…. It’s hard to get a slice out of the package because the bread sticks together. It’s not a deal breaker, though! Just take a butter knife and work the slices apart. It takes some time but it’s worth it.
Oh and the toddler LOVES it. We even use it to make “sushi” rolls for his school lunches. I’m thinking that may be next weeks video for GreenLiteBites. ;~P
Has anyone else seen or tried Joseph’s?
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
- Yippee for Vine on Android!
- What Are You Self-Conscious of?
- A Post-Birthday Father's Day
- Weekend Quote: Explode Beyond Your Limitations
- 3 New Food Finds
- Wednesday Weigh In: 3 Scale-Less Weeks!
- 5 Ways Ditching 'Perfect' has Made Me Happier, Healthier and More Successful
- Scenes from My Low-Key Sensational Sunday
- Weekend Quote: How would your life be different if…
- My Run Streak Continues with a Note About Committing
- Wednesday Weigh In!
- Let's Talk About Trigger Foods
- My Legs. What Legs?
- Avalanches Are Scary
- Weekend Quote: Uncomfortable
- Blog to Book: Musings from My Weight Loss Journey [Kindle Edition]
- A Weight-less Wednesday Weigh In
- Scenes From Our Memorial Monday
- Weekend Quote: I Run Because...
- To Weigh or Not To Weigh: That is the Question
- Wednesday Weigh In: Selling Ourselves Short
- Obesity Awareness: Are We Numb?
- A Relaxing Sensational Sunday
- Should Strong be the New Skinny?
- Thirteen Thursday Thoughts
- Wednesday Weigh In: The Daily Cycle
- VitaCake ‘Recipe’ Contest Winners Announced!
- Baltimore Color Run from The Eyes of The 7-Year-Old
- Scenes from my Sensational Mother's Day Sunday
- Weekend Quote: Comfort Zone
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.