- Blog Topics
Here’s what I discovered about myself. I LOVE running at dusk. What a great way to end the day. I love seeing the sun going down, reflecting on the day, relaxing and getting in a little “me” time before vegging out with the husband. I love it! The funny thing about running when darkness falls is the nocturnal creatures that take over the streets. I was dodging toads and wiping moths out of my hair the whole way.
Now, I planned on a trying a 40 minute run tonight. However, the lightning started when I first headed out the door and the storm was getting dangerously close with every minute that passed. I started hearing the cracks of thunder through my blasting music and I thought “It’s about time to turn around”. So I did.
I ended up getting is just about 25 minutes and 2.29 miles. I tried to increase my pace a bit to make up for the loss of time and overall, I’m happy with the run. I’m writing this wiping the sweat from my brow and I feel fan-tab-ulous! Again, I could have gone longer and only 2 runs into training and my confidence is building.
Besides the run, I had a great day! I got a crap load of work done even recording a new video. The toddler had fun at school. We hit Chick-fil-A for dinner. Overall, it was a nice paced, unstressed, productive day. Just the way I like it. :~)
ok, It’s Closer time! I need My Deputy Chief Johnson Time. She’s my favorite character on television!
|Quick Strawberry Banana Smoothie||4|
|handful of roasted soy nuts||3|
|Warm Turkey Club Salad with Sweet Dried Herb Dressing and a few bites of the leftover Beer Chicken and a cob of corn||7|
|another cob of corn (I love it cold out of the fridge!)||1|
|Triscuits and Luaghing Cow cheese||3|
|Chick-fil-a Soutwestern salad with 2 of the toddlers nuggets and about 3 fries||8|
|Ice Cream with fresh berries||3|
|Whole Grain Ritz||3|
|Add On: Canned chicken & rice soup – I was hungry and it was the “safest”, most filling choice that I couldn’t go overboard with.||3|
|25 minute run|
Want a food journal like this for your blog? Try the table generator.
Tagged with: Running
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
- Wednesday Weigh In: Selling Ourselves Short
- Obesity Awareness: Are We Numb?
- A Relaxing Sensational Sunday
- Should Strong be the New Skinny?
- Thirteen Thursday Thoughts
- Wednesday Weigh In: The Daily Cycle
- VitaCake ‘Recipe’ Contest Winners Announced!
- Baltimore Color Run from The Eyes of The 7-Year-Old
- Scenes from my Sensational Mother's Day Sunday
- Weekend Quote: Comfort Zone
- This Just in...
- A Post-Vacation Weigh In
- 20 Fun Yogurt Topping Ideas
- Home on this Sensational Sunday!
- Weekend Quote: Missing Happiness
- Running on Vacation
- A Pre-Vacation Wednesday Weigh In
- So, You Want to Run a Tough Mudder?
- What a Weekend!
- Weekend Quote: Right Not To Care
- Note to Self...
- Wednesday Weigh In: Just 1 Variable
- Ask Roni: Movie Snacks, Paleo, Finding Time, Maintenance, My Inspiration.
- Post Event Blah
- 2 Days-2 Tough Mudders-2 Minutes
- Women, Men and Beauty. I needed a good laugh.
- Does Anyone Mind if I Just Let My Brain Dump?
- Wednesday Weigh In: GOOOOOAAAAALLLL!
- My Heart Hurts
- Celebrating Progress
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.