- Blog Topics
If you aren’t a first time reader, you probably know I keep a food journal. You probably also know I’m fairly inconsistence with it now (mostly because I’m not losing, I’m maintaining). What you don’t know is that I almost always start my day journaling. Breakfast and lunch are easy meals for me. However, dinner and nighttime snacking are are another story. As a result I have TONS of half day journals. TONS!
What ends up happening is I don’t want to face the journal. I get lazy, and honestly I don’t feel like seeing my indiscretions on paper. That makes them all too REAL.
Tonight I decided not to turn my head to my momentary lapse of judgment. I need to be accountable for my total disregard of full stomach signs while indulging in fatty, cheesy, carb-y goodness, purely for the taste of it.
SO here it is, my un-abandoned food journal. It may not be correct, I estimated, but I don’t think it matters. I know what I ate, I know how much of it I ate and it’s CONSCIOUS! Something I think is very important in diet and in life.
|egg muffins with turkey breakfast sausage||5|
|Overstuffed Sausage and Pepper Wrap||4|
|Banana Split (Chocolate Breyers Free, small banana, handful of berries)||3|
|cheese stick and some cherry tomatoes from the garden||2|
|Stuffed Shells (~6-7), peas and about 3 pieces of garlic bread loaded with butter (totally overboard – estimate)||20|
|Dark Chocolate Raisinettes (the whole box) Total impulse buy, I was tired, driving and craving something sweet – not a good combination)||8|
|Bootcamp (1.86 miles run in 18 minutes! VERY HILLY! Ab work) Lower Body weights|
Want a food journal like this for your blog? Try the table generator.
So I have a few questions this week. First, do you food journal? If so do you face it no matter what? Or do you run from it like an 8th grader that burns his failed math test so he doesn’t have to show his parents. (Where did THAT metaphor come from?!?) Anyway, I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Tagged with: confession
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
- What Are You Self-Conscious of?
- A Post-Birthday Father's Day
- Weekend Quote: Explode Beyond Your Limitations
- 3 New Food Finds
- Wednesday Weigh In: 3 Scale-Less Weeks!
- 5 Ways Ditching 'Perfect' has Made Me Happier, Healthier and More Successful
- Scenes from My Low-Key Sensational Sunday
- Weekend Quote: How would your life be different if…
- My Run Streak Continues with a Note About Committing
- Wednesday Weigh In!
- Let's Talk About Trigger Foods
- My Legs. What Legs?
- Avalanches Are Scary
- Weekend Quote: Uncomfortable
- Blog to Book: Musings from My Weight Loss Journey [Kindle Edition]
- A Weight-less Wednesday Weigh In
- Scenes From Our Memorial Monday
- Weekend Quote: I Run Because...
- To Weigh or Not To Weigh: That is the Question
- Wednesday Weigh In: Selling Ourselves Short
- Obesity Awareness: Are We Numb?
- A Relaxing Sensational Sunday
- Should Strong be the New Skinny?
- Thirteen Thursday Thoughts
- Wednesday Weigh In: The Daily Cycle
- VitaCake ‘Recipe’ Contest Winners Announced!
- Baltimore Color Run from The Eyes of The 7-Year-Old
- Scenes from my Sensational Mother's Day Sunday
- Weekend Quote: Comfort Zone
- This Just in...
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.