ASK RONI Q&A

Ask Roni _v06 Session 2 – Video/Podcast

Here is my second session from Sunday. I have one more to post, along with tons of other updates! Stay tuned!

Topics in this video include…

• Getting over a bad day
  • How did I learn how to run?
  • My Hypothyroidism
  • What to do with Refried beans?
  • Keeping exercise interesting?

Podcast Version (Audio Only)
[podcast]http://ronisweigh.com/resources/podcasts/AskRoni_v06Session2.mp3[/podcast]

Links mentioned in the video or that you may be interested in…

Kathy

August 21, 2008

Hi Roni-

Thanks for another video with answers. I had a quick suggestion for you – hopefully it will be easy to implement and helpful to others? I was hoping you could put time markers on each question, so we know where in the video they begin. For example, in today’s video, I really wanted to hear the hypothyroid answer, but I wasn’t sure where in the video it was.. of course I watched the whole thing, but if I was in a time crunch or just interested in one question/answer, knowing right where it is would be so great.

Thanks for your site, keep up the great work and motivation.

August 21, 2008

Kathy – It’s a great idea! and actually with the new player I use I can (or you can) comment and it leaves marks on the video time line. I added them, what do you think? It’s actually something I’ve wanted to do but haven’t, for some reason.

Janice

August 21, 2008

Excellent idea!!!!

CZ

August 21, 2008

Thanks for the time markers on the latest video; love your site!

Carrie Dean

August 21, 2008

Is something wrong with the volume? I cannot hear the video this time.

Annette

August 21, 2008

Wow!! Another great one Roni! Love to listen to you chat in the afternoons when my kiddos nap :)

Melissa

August 21, 2008

Great Video. If I can add to the runners question, it’s all about heart rate. Keep your HR below your max, maintain it around your target HR. Wearing a HR monitor is what taught me to run.

Amanda

August 21, 2008

Great videos this week Roni!! They have both really spoke to me this week. Great timing for me!!! :) I love your advice to take it slow–one change at a time. I’m very overwhelmed at how much I have to lose now post baby and that is GREAT advice!!!

Thank you for all you do with these sites. You are so amazing!!!

Amanda

August 21, 2008

About learning how to run? Building up a cardio base using cross-training (endurance speedwalking, the elliptical, the bike, etc.) will probably help. That should help with the “huffing” feeling.

Roni? You’re my buddy in the 10 minute mile. :)

CL

August 22, 2008

Great video session Roni. I’m having a crappy few days and really going hard on myself about them so the first question you answered really spoke to me.
    Thanks.

Alisha

August 22, 2008

Roni,

Ok I know that you are busy, and I know you are backlogged, so PLEASE I just want you to take this as a helpful comment. I’m not sure if anyone else is feeling the same or not, but I kinda miss the old entries. I like the video questions and answers sometimes, but it seems lately that is all there is and not many of the old journal entry type things. Please don’t get me wrong, I like the videos and the questions answered, but I miss the old blog of just day to day things. I know you are tackling alot right now and I understand that other things come first, but just a suggestion. Love all you do here and on GLB.

August 22, 2008

Alisha – Don’t take this the wrong way but I have to say it.

1.) I am only human so sometimes I just don’t want to share.
    2.) It’s the summer and I’m totally out of my routine.

I don’t want/need the pressure of updating thousands of people on every bad or good day I’ve had. I know that’s how my blog started but it’s grown to be so much more then that. I appreciate everyone who reads but at the same time I’m human being too! KWIM? Sometimes I just don’t feel like sharing! LOL

Please don’t take this the wrong way, I’m not scolding you and I appreciate you sharing your opinion but sometimes comments like this put more pressure on me then I want. It’s my own fault for being so public. I realize this.

Thank you for posting this and giving me a chance to explain to not only you but everyone who had your same thoughts but were afraid to post them in a comment!

The funny thing is… I plan on more journal entries as I do feel the lack of facing my feelings is leading to my overeating lately!

Christine

August 22, 2008

Great Podcast as always Roni.

Loved the refried bean ideas! Hope you have a great weekend.

Chris :o)

Amy

August 22, 2008

Refried been idea – I use it for my lunches on a regular basis.

Take a couple chicken breasts and Boil them on the stove for about 20 minutes until cooked through. I usually add some seasonings and garlic to the water (You can save the broth for other cooking). Then take 2 forks and shred the chicken into small pieces. Put it back on the stove in a pan and add taco seasonings to it just like you do hamburger for tacos. Then I take either black beans or refried beans into my dish and add the taco chicken on top with some cheese and black olives. Then I take one of the 100 calorie packs of Dorito’s and crush it on top. It makes a great lunch. I try to make up 3 or 4 of these at once and freeze them. They reheat great. Instead of the doritos you can add it to tortilla shells for tacos.