- Blog Topics
As of tomorrow I’ll have exactly 6 weeks before the Baltimore Marathon. Six weeks to get into shape to run 6 miles. SIX MILES!
I’m more then nervous, especially considering I’ve never run over three miles. So starting tomorrow my training begins. My plan is to focus on time, not distant because when I think of the milage it seems i-m-p-o-s-s-i-b-l-e.
- Week 1 – 3 x 35 minute runs
- Week 2 – 3 x 40 minute runs
- Week 3 – 3 x 45 minute runs
- Week 4 – 3 1 x 50 minute runs + 2 shorter runs
- Week 5 – 3 1 x 55 minute runs + 2 shorter runs
- Week 6 – 3 1 x 60 minute run early in the week
I feel semi-comfortable with a 30 minute run. I say semi because it tough for me but I can normally do just about 3 miles in 30 minutes.
In addition to the running I’ll be weight training and taking boot camp classes. I tend to take my weight training informally (even though I love it) alternating upper and lower body when I make it to the gym with a loose goal of 3 sessions a week.
I’m going to be one active girl! Honestly, I’m looking forward to this. I feel like I found such an outlet and having this event on the horizon is just what I need. Gosh I’m just so darn results orientated! I just need a GOAL. :~)
Other then that master plan I came up (it pretty simple isn’t it?) I had an alright day. Starting off with a fabulous workout, then pizza for lunch, a trip to the library with the toddler, a nice home cooked dinner and a movie with the husband with NO SNACKING besides some watermelon. Actually now that I think of it, it was a great day! I’m not really sure where my afternoon funk came from but I cured it with a family walk.
So here’s my food journal, I’m heading to bed!
Morning add on: I keep forgetting to tell you, I updated my tummy page with pictures that were taken 2 months post op.
|McDonald’s cone (it’s the toddler and I’s post gym tradition)||3|
|Sauce-less Personal Pizza with a side of baby carrots||6|
|1/2 of the toddlers Sauce-less Personal Pizza||3|
|Salmon cooked with my fish spice, sauteed sugar snap peas and a whole grain noodle side (I also had 1 Crispy Baked Parmesan Crusted Tilapia fillet that I made for the toddler)||13|
|2 mile run (didn’t have the Nike+ :~( – Ab workout,and weights (upper body – chest, shoulders biceps, triceps, back) AND and long after dinner family walk pulling a 40lb toddler in a wagon.|
Want a food journal like this for your blog? Try the table generator.
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
- Weekend Quote: I Run Because...
- To Weigh or Not To Weigh: That is the Question
- Wednesday Weigh In: Selling Ourselves Short
- Obesity Awareness: Are We Numb?
- A Relaxing Sensational Sunday
- Should Strong be the New Skinny?
- Thirteen Thursday Thoughts
- Wednesday Weigh In: The Daily Cycle
- VitaCake ‘Recipe’ Contest Winners Announced!
- Baltimore Color Run from The Eyes of The 7-Year-Old
- Scenes from my Sensational Mother's Day Sunday
- Weekend Quote: Comfort Zone
- This Just in...
- A Post-Vacation Weigh In
- 20 Fun Yogurt Topping Ideas
- Home on this Sensational Sunday!
- Weekend Quote: Missing Happiness
- Running on Vacation
- A Pre-Vacation Wednesday Weigh In
- So, You Want to Run a Tough Mudder?
- What a Weekend!
- Weekend Quote: Right Not To Care
- Note to Self...
- Wednesday Weigh In: Just 1 Variable
- Ask Roni: Movie Snacks, Paleo, Finding Time, Maintenance, My Inspiration.
- Post Event Blah
- 2 Days-2 Tough Mudders-2 Minutes
- Women, Men and Beauty. I needed a good laugh.
- Does Anyone Mind if I Just Let My Brain Dump?
- Wednesday Weigh In: GOOOOOAAAAALLLL!
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.