That’s right, GAINED! With all the drama I almost forgot the question of the week! Since we’ve been talking a lot about finding happiness and being happy I thought it was a good time to take an assessment of what we have gained by changing our lifestyle.
I’m not going to pretend that my intention when I started Weight Watchers was to lose weight. Yes I was unhappy in my skin for a very long time. Yes, I think that unhappiness led to more of weight problem and I wish I had a better body image as a young women. However, on my journey to lose that weight I have gained so much more.
Along the journey to a healthier me…
- I have gained a healthy relationship with food where I don’t eat for eating sake. Where I can enjoy food I love and not have it snow ball into a 3 week binge before I even notice.
- I have gained energy and a love of fitness. I value MY time so much and I now enjoy doing things that are good for my body. I like running and lifting weights. Instead of measuring my success on the scale I’m starting to measure it in miles and pounds lifted.
- I have gained an active fun relationship with my son. We dance, we play, we run, we frolic on the beach and as he gets older out activities will grow and mature. I love the fact that I am setting a good example for him to live a healthy lifestyle and that we are active together.
- I have gained more self confidence. Not because I am in a particular size but because I am setting goals and reaching them.
- I have gained a sense of purpose. I love doing what I’m doing. I love sharing information and ideas. I feel like I’m doing something I am meant to do and that I love to do.
- I have gained a knowledge and appreciation of food that is good for me. Food that fuels my body not just tastes good.
- I’ve gained such a love and appreciation of life! Ok, that sounds a little cheesy but it’s true and maybe that has more to do with my age and being a mom but, whatever! It’s gained! ;~P
So how about YOU? What have you gained?