- Blog Topics
And no, I’m not talking about food. Actually, if I really think about the more I add to my “plate” the less I actually eat or I should say the easier it is to stay on plan.
Let me explain.
I always use the expression, “Off my plate” when referring to tasks/errands I need to get done. As in, “I’ll send out that email now and get it off my plate”. It’s just the way I work, I try not to procrastinate. I used the expression so much that at my last job it became my catch phrase and the other faculty members would always make fun of me. :~)
What’s on my plate right now? Well, besides the normal mom/wife duties…
- I still have about 200 old posts to fix on the new site. Plus other small tweaks.
- I have an ongoing project I’m working on with Johns Hopkins that requires 2 days in office a week.
- My dog trainer client needs some help.
- WeightView wants me to do some more work for them.
- I NEED to find time to work on the cookbook. The design is done but now I have to gather the recipes and start putting together all the content.
- I have a new blog project I really want to start for a new client.
- I have a full inbox of questions and comments I really want to respond to.
- Plus I want to continue to post here and work on food ideas for GreenLiteBites.
phew writing it all out made me more tired then actually doing everything! BUT for me, staying busy and having fun with the family is what it’s all about! I just feel happier and more in control when I have a ‘full plate’ of activities and goals. What’s that old saying about idle hands? ;~)
Right now? Well now? I’m going to enjoy a little ice cream and a watch some TV with the husband.
It’s all about balance, right?
OH! and I recorded a video tonight and it there was a little mishap, I’ll post it tomorrow on GreenLiteBites.
|Day 4 in Week||Target||21|
|Grapenuts with fresh berries and 4oz milk||-4||17|
|leftover 2 Maryland-ish Crab Cakes and Roasted Balsamic Cauliflower||-6||9|
|Kashi granola bar||-2||7|
|New Food Idea: quick Chicken and peas with noodles (video post to come posted on GreenLiteBites – estimate on the points)||-6||1|
|handful of pretzels||-2||-1|
|light ice cream with fresh berries and a squirs of choclate syrup||2||-3|
|Weekly Points Used: 3 • Remaining: 24 • Overall: L-O-N-G day at work but easy to stay on plan|
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
- Taking a Wednesday Weigh-In Moment
- Yippee for Vine on Android!
- What Are You Self-Conscious of?
- A Post-Birthday Father's Day
- Weekend Quote: Explode Beyond Your Limitations
- 3 New Food Finds
- Wednesday Weigh In: 3 Scale-Less Weeks!
- 5 Ways Ditching 'Perfect' has Made Me Happier, Healthier and More Successful
- Scenes from My Low-Key Sensational Sunday
- Weekend Quote: How would your life be different if…
- My Run Streak Continues with a Note About Committing
- Wednesday Weigh In!
- Let's Talk About Trigger Foods
- My Legs. What Legs?
- Avalanches Are Scary
- Weekend Quote: Uncomfortable
- Blog to Book: Musings from My Weight Loss Journey [Kindle Edition]
- A Weight-less Wednesday Weigh In
- Scenes From Our Memorial Monday
- Weekend Quote: I Run Because...
- To Weigh or Not To Weigh: That is the Question
- Wednesday Weigh In: Selling Ourselves Short
- Obesity Awareness: Are We Numb?
- A Relaxing Sensational Sunday
- Should Strong be the New Skinny?
- Thirteen Thursday Thoughts
- Wednesday Weigh In: The Daily Cycle
- VitaCake ‘Recipe’ Contest Winners Announced!
- Baltimore Color Run from The Eyes of The 7-Year-Old
- Scenes from my Sensational Mother's Day Sunday
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.