phew What a day! My Sensational Sunday almost didn’t happen. Did you ever have a slow morning? A morning where you have to make that conscious decision to get up and get moving or you’re going to lose the day?
That’s what we had today.
Once I got out the door and towards the grocery store I was fine. The toddler and I hunted for new healthy snacks and fresh produce for the week. Then we headed home for lunch, picked our first crop of green beans from the garden, and headed for nap. Well the toddler did. I worked feverishly on this new site. Tagging old posts, fixing broken links, etc.
After nap it was off to run some errands. The husband (remind me in a few days to tell you about his workout/weight strides) and I decided on Panera for dinner. I really didn’t have it in me to cook. When we got back home we played Chutes and Ladders AND Candy Land, two of my all time favorites! After the toddler went to bed it was bill paying time, the husband and I’s *cough* favorite activity and then a little more work on the site. All in all, a productive day, which is a great day in my book!
I also did well on the food front. I say well, because as usual, I succumb to some night time munchies. More on that later. First, I have to do one of my update lists. I feel as if I have so much to tell you!
- The new site. It’s getting there and I love that you guys like it. I spent more on it’s design then I think I ever have for one of my sites. GreenLiteBites didn’t even take this long! I am still updating old posts and fixing broken links. If you happen to get an error page have no fear, I will be notified and if you give me 24 hours, it will be fixed. It’s getting there and I’m SO happy I decided to move. I have so much more flexibility and control over the site now that it’s in WordPress and not Blogger.
- What will happen to WeightWatchen you ask? well, I don’t plan on taking it down anytime soon. There is so much info up there that I didn’t/couldn’t transfer and some recipes that are not yet on GreenLiteBites. So I will be leaving it up for Archival purposes for at least the next few months until I can get everything transferred. I will not, however, be posting anything new there.
- RSS/Subscriptions. If you are on my email subscription list, you SHOULD get them as usual just with the new name. If you subscribe via RSS you may have to re-subscribe. Sorry. :(
- New/Old Features. If you’ve been with me awhile you may know about my site crash where I lost EVERYTHING. Well before that time, WeightWatchen was my outlet for all food/diet posts. I had recipes, tips, journal entries, food finds, etc. Much like now but more vast. The crash had me compromise a few thing. But just as someone pointed out in my comments, everything happens for a reason. I don’t think I would have created GreenLiteBites if the site didn’t crash. Now I have an outlet just for my food/recipes and I love that. It’s great for me to archive them. Why am I going down this path? Well, my new plan is to start posting food related posts here as well. I want to bring back my produce picks (maybe even move some over from GLB). I haven’t quite figured out which posts will go here and which there but I’m leaning towards only posting recipes on GLB and everything else here. So in essence GLB become just an interactive cookbook. OK, now I’m just thinking out loud, although I’d love your opinions on that one.
- Funderwear. Ok, enough new site talk! I want to update on Funderwear Day! I’m happy to report the toddler took to “big boy underwear” like a ‘butt to a potty’. Sorry, bad joke. Seriously, he is doing well, dry at night, and no morning accidents after the first two days. I’m ECSTATIC! We even came up with a song that I had him record, if I have time I’ll post it. It goes something like…. “We go…. Pee pee in the potty, pee pee in the potty. No more diapers! No more pull-ups!” LOL you need the melody or it just sounds goofy! (Ok, I’m crossed the line into straight up parenting craziness! )
- MizFit/Hungry Girl ShoutOut. If you happen to get the Hungry Girl Newsletter keep an eye out for MizFit’s Video link. I love both these gals and it’s fun to see some cross ‘weigh loss site’ intermingling.
- Workout/Runing front. I don’t think I’ll be running for awhile. My swelling is still pretty bad BUT I WILL BE GOING TO THE GYM tomorrow for the first time in almost 3 weeks. (yelling at myself, I really need to go). I plan on doing upper body with free weights.
- Backlog. This whole new site has set me back a tid bit on new posts and email correspondence. I’m behind on my blog reading, especially on BlogToLose, and my comment replies, even on my first/new post! I hope to catch up by the end of the week.
- A Weigh In. I’m in desperate need of a meeting/weigh in. But I’m going to be honest. I’m scared. Yes, scared. I don’t want to see the scale. I know it’s going to be up in a range I haven’t been in a long time. The swelling, the lack of workouts, the EATING! Ohhhhh I don’t want to think about it. You know, the times you don’t want to go are the time you NEED to go. I’m committing to a Wednesday meeting this week.
Ok, I “talked” your ear off enough! I think I can go on and on. I leave you with my food journal. Two days in and feeling alright. Although I used more weekly points then I would like this early in the week.
|Day 2 in Week||Target||21|
|Fiber One Cereal with 4oz of skim milk||-2||19|
|whole wheat English muffin with almond/peanut butter and low sugar jelly||-4||15|
|Southwestern Turkey Burger on a whole grain bun with baby spinach, tomato, sweet pickles and a side of carrots & cucumber slices (a little dressing for dipping)||-4||10|
|Garden Vegetable Soup (2) and 1/2 Strawberry Poppyseed salad (1) and a whole grain baguette (3)||-6||2|
|LesserEvil Black & White Kettle Corn (2 servings)||-4||-2|
|MORE LesserEvil Black & White Kettle Corn (2 servings) (it was good, I was hungry, and now it’s gone. Thank GOODNESS!)||-4||-6|
|Weekly Points Used: 6 • Remaining: 27 • Overall: Wish I made it to the gym and skipped the extra popcorn. :~(|