I was going to ask this weeks question in a much different way and then I caught myself. My original question, the way it popped into my head, was “How do you Handle Vacation?”, and I though, wait, who handles a vacation?!? Vacations are suppose to be fun and worry free not something you have to deal with on your weight loss journey.
So I changed my perspective and my verb. ;~)
Me? well I really do ENJOY myself, especially at the beach!! My strategies…
- Nothing is off limits as long as it’s in moderation
- Account for the extra treats by eating lighter meals
- WALK WALK WALK – We don’t move the car for the week when we go to the beach.
- Expect the scale not to be my friend upon return, it’s O-K.
- Get right back to my old routine THE DAY I get home. Not tomorrow, not “Sunday” Not next week.
That philosophy has worked for me the last 3 years and I suspect this year I will be fine as well. I just remember this is my lifestyle now, one week at the beach can’t change that. :~)
So how about you? How do you enjoy your vacations?