- Blog Topics
Day 6 a Little Late
WOW, what a “hungry day” yesterday was. I could have planned a little better as I was out all day at a client site, in meetings and then a doctors appointment. I think it was the meetings that killed me, I was in two back to back pretty much 9-12:30PM. I got SO hungry, My banana in the car on the way really didn’t hold me over. Normally when I know I’m going to have a long morning I eat something like Grapenuts, they stick with me longer. But yesterday our morning was rushed a bit and the toddler and I didn’t have time for our customary sit down breakfast. I did grab everything portable that I could, running out the door. Can you tell by my food journal? lol
Just to add to my unpreparedness they had doughnuts and bagels in the break room. I wasn’t that tempted to be honest, that’s what happens when I’m in the right mental state and feeling in control of my food choices AND that’s what happens when I buckle down and go into lose mode while maintaining. (What I’m doing now) It’s gives me that extra shot of accountability and reminds me how I reached my goals in the first place. One day at a time and being honest with myself.
So today is my last day food journaling for a bit. We’re heading to the beach for our yearly shore trip. I can’t wait! I have made the decision NOT to being the laptop. I can’t believe I just said that but it’s true, no laptop for a WEEK! No email, no clients, no comments, no twitter, wow, I think I’m going to go through withdrawal. :~) But I think it’s important that have this week with just my family and no distractions. Plus if I want to stay sane, I think I need one “disconnected” week at least once a year.
I do plan to record one last video to answer some “Ask Roni” questions before I leave. It may be long as I attempt to at least catch up to the current month with questions. Hopefully I get that up tonight.
OK, one more thing before I go. No one called me on this but I missed my weigh in on Wednesday! I totally forgot until it was too late (no more meetings) and then I haven’t had time to make it up. I’m not stressing. The further I go on this journey the less the scale matters as much. For my new readers I wrote about my scale habits which may shed some light on what I’m talking about it.
You may think skipping the weigh in is a way to not “face it” but I’m in such a good place right now I almost feel like i don’t need it. I haven’t even hoped on the home scale in week. It’s not about that number for me anymore. It’s about balance, good choices and fitness. I will get back to Weight Watchers for an official Weigh in when I get back from the beach though. If, for anything, statistical purposes and to update my weight progress age and to satisfy my OCD tendencies. LOL
I’ll post a week in loss mode wrap up tonight. Until then!
|Day 6 in Week||Target||21|
|multigrain cake (will post soon as a food find)||-1||18|
|leftover Quick Chicken and peas with noodles||-6||8|
|banana (they were giving them away at the office and I was hungry!)||-2||6|
|KID SIZED frosty (I learned my lesson although this was a total spur of the moment splurge with the toddler after work)||-3||1|
|hot dog on a whole grain bun with a side of baked beans and asparagus||-6||-8|
|Weekly Points Used: 12 • Remaining: 8 • Overall: HUNGRY DAY!!|
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
- What Are You Self-Conscious of?
- A Post-Birthday Father's Day
- Weekend Quote: Explode Beyond Your Limitations
- 3 New Food Finds
- Wednesday Weigh In: 3 Scale-Less Weeks!
- 5 Ways Ditching 'Perfect' has Made Me Happier, Healthier and More Successful
- Scenes from My Low-Key Sensational Sunday
- Weekend Quote: How would your life be different if…
- My Run Streak Continues with a Note About Committing
- Wednesday Weigh In!
- Let's Talk About Trigger Foods
- My Legs. What Legs?
- Avalanches Are Scary
- Weekend Quote: Uncomfortable
- Blog to Book: Musings from My Weight Loss Journey [Kindle Edition]
- A Weight-less Wednesday Weigh In
- Scenes From Our Memorial Monday
- Weekend Quote: I Run Because...
- To Weigh or Not To Weigh: That is the Question
- Wednesday Weigh In: Selling Ourselves Short
- Obesity Awareness: Are We Numb?
- A Relaxing Sensational Sunday
- Should Strong be the New Skinny?
- Thirteen Thursday Thoughts
- Wednesday Weigh In: The Daily Cycle
- VitaCake ‘Recipe’ Contest Winners Announced!
- Baltimore Color Run from The Eyes of The 7-Year-Old
- Scenes from my Sensational Mother's Day Sunday
- Weekend Quote: Comfort Zone
- This Just in...
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.