OMG SO much to tell you!
First of all, I lost my internet connection for like 12 hours yesterday after an evening thunderstorm, Hence post-less Wednesday. I won’t say I was freaking out because it actually gave me some time to get offline work done but I was a little distraught. I’m SO addicted to the internet. Cell phone? not so much. Cable? I can live without but take away the World Wide Web and I’m a lost puppy.
Anyway, even before the interruption of service I felt like I had a bunch of things to tell you so I’m doing a complete brain dump. Stop reading now of it don’t have like 10 minutes to devote to this doozie of a post!
- Today’s my birthday! the big 3-2 or as I like to call it my 4th 29th. :~P All joking aside this getting older thing isn’t too bad. I kind of enjoy it. I mean I don’t like the fine lines and wrinkles that are starting to appear on my face but overall I’m the fittest, happiest I’ve every been. I’m in a good place and I put myself there and that is the greatest feeling in the world.
- While I’m on the birthday topic just look at these…
The first picture is what I saw when I got to work this morning. How cute is that?!?! A mango! Don’t you just love it when people think of you and really know what will make you smile? Thank you Sasha and Kathy!
The second is my Birthday VitaCake. Vitalicious was nice enough to ship me one and let me tell you, it was perfect! Especially for a family of 3 or 4 and a quiet celebration at home. The serving size was just perfect! Even if you wanted 2 slices (I had 1.5) your just under 4 points! For cake! The whole family loved it, especially the toddler. If you are interested in ordering be sure to use my coupon code (WRN73108) for 10% off! — Update: While eating cake for breakfast I looked up the ingredients and it’s whole grain too! How cool is that?
- I weighed in today! Squished it in! I’m up a 3 pounds but I don’t care. That’s right you heard me, DON’T CARE! Now don’t get your panties in a twist. I’m not jumping off the wagon. I’m just totally happy with my size and that stupid arbitrary number isn’t going to change that fact. The funny thing, I’m wearing a pair of jeans that I bought at my lowest weight (135) and they fit perfectly. Actually, they fit the same way they did last year and I’m 12 lbs heavier! Numbers are funny, funny things. I also have 3 different sizes in my closet and the higher ones used to bother me, a lot. NO MORE. It really is all about how I feel and not to sound like a broken record, I fell G-R-E-A-T! (yes, Tony the Tiger did pop in there a bit :~P)
- Yesterday I recorded 3 videos! 2 more Ask Roni sessions and, drum roll please, the chocolate kettle corn for next weeks GreenLiteBites video. Now, I’ve been getting a lot of email about the kettle corn and let me tell you, it’s not THAT big of a deal. I mean, I like it, but it’s just a quick idea to make a sweet snack so don’t get too excited. I still have to edit and upload so expect all three videos over the next few days. In the meantime if you didn’t catch this weeks disaster you can watch me struggle through dinner with the most talkative toddler in the WORLD over on GreenLiteBites.
- On the workout front, yesterday I took a Boot Camp class at the gym. Let me tell you, I was all excited to post about it last night (stupid internet connection). It was SO much fun and the variation was just want I needed. However, I’m glad I couldn’t write yesterday because I wouldn’t be able to tell you how friggin’ sore I am. Holy Moly! Maybe it’s because I haven’t worked out that intense in awhile but geesh my legs feel like rubber bands!
- Let’s see, I know there’s more. OH! My inbox is a disaster so bear with me on responses to emails and comments. I’ve noticed a trend in the kinds of questions I’m getting. It’s inspired me to write a series of posts, or maybe emails on my progression during losing weight. Almost like a “Roni’s 10 steps”. To be honest I’m spreading myself to thin and I feel like I have to get out of my head on how I accomplished my goals, how I stayed motivated and how I changed my concept of “diet”. These 3 topics keep reappearing over and over again in email questions. Maybe an ebook? I’m not sure of the format yet but I’m working on it.
- The Surgery. Besides the questions mentioned above this also seems to be a hot topic in my inbox. To be honest, I haven’t talked about it much because I just don’t want to spread the “You need plastic surgery” message to be happy. I really don’t believe that but it’s hard to keep justifying my decision so I decided to make it a bit more low key. That being said, I’m feeling fine, healing well and I’m probably about 85% back to normal. I still have swelling and it’s a little uncomfortable to run, but I’m doing it anyway. The big question, was it worth it? Honestly, I’m not sure. There is a big difference. The skin is totally gone from my sides which is very nice. I no longer feel like I’m “hanging out” when I wear a snug or low cut pair of jeans. I was kind of tucking the skin in before. But over all I’ve been questioning the down time I had to endure. I missed the gym, I couldn’t play with the toddler the way I wanted to for a couple of weeks and I’m tired of wearing compression garrets. I’m sure 6 months from now I’ll be singing a different tune but right now I’m on the fence. I’m not sorry I did it but I’m also not selling it as the best thing I’ve done for myself. I need to stew and heal a bit more I think. Yes, I will post picture at the 2 month mark on the Tummy Tuck page. So look out for that August 17.
- On the working front, this “jobless” thing is kind of funny. Let me tell you a bit of history. I decided to leave my full time faculty position at the Community College to pursue other interests. Namely this site, the cook book, and my own media company. Basically I wanted to do what I wanted to do and I was in a position to take the leap. So I did. Well, now I may possibly be the busiest jobless person ever! I signed a contract with Johns Hopkins so I’m there 2 days a week, I’m still working on this new site, I have 2 active clients, GreenLiteBites, BlogToLose and this cookbook that is hanging over my head. Well, it’s not hanging there, I just really want to DO IT. When will I find the time? I can’t complain I love everything I’m doing and I’m really getting to explore all of my interests, technology, cooking, design, photography, the list goes on and on. I’m just interested in so many darn things!
Ok, what do you think? Was that enough? :~) You know what really cracks me (and my mom) up. My entire life I HATED writing. I mean I LOATHED it. I’m really not that good at it. My spelling and grammar suck and I can’t proof read. But when I sit down to post here or write up a recipe idea or even an email I just love it. I mean, really, I’m totally happy just sitting here in my office, on my computer typing away. I’ll get going on a topic and woops! 2 pages later I’m shocked I wrote so much. It’s very strange position for me to be in. Do you know how long it took me to write a term paper in college? Oh it was bad! Then after I wrote it I wouldn’t let anyone read it, not my mom, not the husband (boyfriend) no one but the teacher. Maybe I found my calling? Who knows.
Oh! Almost forgot, Here are my two food journals from yesterday and today, just to make the post EVEN longer. ;~)
|Day 4 in Week||Target||21|
|Mommy and Me Omelets||-3||18|
|Activity: 1 hour boot camp class – LOVED it||+3||21|
|leftover Experimental Shepherd’s Pie||-4||17|
|Homemade Chocolate Kettle Corn (I had to make it again to film it for GLB! Coming soon!)||-6||11|
|Activity: About a mile "stroll" with the toddler||0||11|
|Tuna and cous cous made with Vegetable broth||-5||6|
|Breyer’s Free with fresh berries and a squirt of light chocolate syrup||-3||3|
|A REAL chocolate chip cookie. One of those big chewy suckers!||-4||-1|
|Weekly Points Used: 1 • Remaining: 20 • Overall: Great day! Actually perfect day!|
Want a food journal like this for your blog? Try the table generator.
|Day 5 in Week||Target||21|
|1/2 the toddlers shredded Wheat and banana (it was an odd morning)||-4||18|
|leftover Experimental Shepherd’s Pie||-4||14|
|chew granola bar||-2||12|
|1 small slice of veggie pizza – They had it at work and I actually looked for the smallest piece! SO proud of myself. Just one and I was satisfied!||-4||8|
|Big Birthday Dinner! Shared a Hibachi Shrimp meal and Kobe (japanese restaurant) with the toddler and still had leftovers! (total estimate)||12||-4|
|1 and 1/2 slices of the VitaCake||-3||-7|
|Weekly Points Used: 7 • Remaining: 13 • Overall: Ate a bit too much at dinner (feel stuffed) but it was a great day!|
Want a food journal like this for your blog? Try the table generator.