Awhile back I posted a list of 1 point tortillas that I found and I’ve been meaning to update it now for over a year. A YEAR! Well, I finally got my act together.
Now this list is not a list of the only tortillas I use. Frankly, I’m a tortilla fanatic and anytime a new brand shows up at the grocery store I get excited and eye it up. I only take home the ones that are either 1 point or completely whole grain. What I’ve found is the “low carb” brands are your best bet for the lowest points and calories because they have the highest fiber. The 100% whole grain ones are usually 2-3 points and range from 100-150 calories.
This list is only focusing on the 1 point brands…
- Tumaro’s Soy-full Heart 8-Inch Flatbread
- Just found these recently at Giant. Being soy, I was worried about an aftertaste, but they deliver. Warm or cool out the fridge they work for anything, hot or cold and hold up very well.
- Tam-X-ico’s Lo-Carb Wheat Tortillas
- I can’t remember where I picked these up but they were a great all purpose tortilla anbd worked well for Tortilla Pizza.
- Trader Joe’s Reduced Carb Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas
- These are little a very similar to traditional flour tortillas. Only 50 calories a piece! My husband even loves them. They are my favorite for taco night!
- La Tortilla Factory – Low-Carb/Low Fat Large Size
- These are HUGE! Perfect for lunch size sandwich wraps. In the summer I fill them with my skillet veggies, spinach leaves, a little cheese and salsa!
- La Banderitas Low Carb tortillas (this product not on their web site yet)
- I only found these once and I can’t remember where. They were good but fell apart rather easy, not good for warm wet fillings.
- Canyon River Low Carb
- These are my absolute favorite, they work for everything. Unfortuanly, they are only avaiable at Weis, a local grocery store. I actually go there just for them and get so mad when there are out of stock! They do not have them listed on their site but you can find them next to the deli sections in the store. Be careful only the low carb style is 1 point.
- Mama Lupe’s Low-Carb Tortillas
- I found these online. Haven’t tried them yet. Anyone?
- Casa Rica’s Low-Carb Tortillas
- I found these online. Haven’t tried them yet. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
Do you have any to add to the list? I know some are regional so I’d like to help out those in other areas as well.