FIGHTING THE FUNK

Fighting the Funk – Solving the Water Problem

Water Pitcher ideaA few days ago I wrote a post about how my water consumption has dropped since being home most of the day. To help solve the problem, and consequently help get me out of this funk that I’ve been in, I came up with the water pitcher idea.

Take a nice sized pitcher, fill it with ice and water and keep it out in plain site. Sounds SO simple doesn’t it? But, for me, this seems to be working. It allows me to instantaneously pour or refill my glass and seeing the pitcher reminds to drink the water in the first place.

Stay tuned for other “Fight the Funk” posts today. I’ll be looking for things to help inspire me today.

P.S. Yes, yes, my pitcher is really a vase in disguise. I really like it and it’s pretty, so why not? :~)

Bev

June 9, 2008

That pitcher is great idea. Who said it had to have spout :) Keep up the good work. Forgot to ask . What shoes and running gear to you wear ?

IzzyBeth

June 9, 2008

I have had to find new and inventive ways of drinking more water too. (Crystal Light to Go packs are my friend.)

Caroline

June 9, 2008

I get in those funks, too, and I HATE them. It seems that the same thing never works twice to snap me out of it. And I LOVE the water pitcher! I’ve gotten so where I take my bottle of water with me EVERYWHERE. And it’s such a habit now that I take it into grocery stores without noticing that I’m doing it. Talk about a constant reminder to drink water!

Gyrlxoxo

June 9, 2008

Great idea. I usually don’t drink a lot of water. I’m trying the whole, buy a gallon and drink straight from the jug idea. Works for me so far.

Slim

June 9, 2008

Two birds with one stone :) Great stuff!

Anonymous

June 9, 2008

How much water does your vase hold? :)

–Crystal

Roni

June 9, 2008

Crystal – at least 48 ounces, I think!

MizFit

giggling.

now if I could only FIND the vases in the disaster zone I call my house…

M.

Anonymous

June 9, 2008

Sounds like you found a great solution! Be patient with yourself on your funk. You are going through a pretty big change working from home. It’s exciting but also totally new!

Dorothy

June 9, 2008

A great way to add a refreshing flavor to your water is to let sliced cucumbers soak in the water. It’s delicious, and so clean tasting. A salon I used to go to would have cucumber water for their customers, and it’s amazing how elegant such a simple idea is. Plus it looks pretty!

Red

June 9, 2008

That looks delicious. How is it that Ice water tastes so much better than room temperature water?

mangosteen

June 9, 2008

That’s a creative way of reminding yourself to drink water always. I might try that.

Tamjlm

June 10, 2008

Maybe you are feeling better because you are drinking more- I am the same way!
    I had the same problem- as I carry my water when I am out and about- so I use the smae solution when I am home, but with a bigger bottle:- I fill a water bottle about half way with water- and froeeze it, at an angle, and then top it off with more water before leaving the house- when I am home, I use a larger bottle- and just keep topping it off- it’s easier then making more ice cubes, and the chunk of ice lasts through the day to give me ice water wherever I take it in the house.

Tamjlm

June 10, 2008

Maybe you are feeling better because you are drinking more- I am the same way!