Routines. I live by them and when I’m off, I’m really OFF!
Now that classes are over and I’m on my own (on the job front that it) It’s going to be even harder to find that routine. Honestly, I’m scared, in a ‘change is scary’ type of way. Work gave me a haven on the diet front. I’d eat breakfast with the toddler, pack my healthy “snacks”, munch all day (mostly) without temptation, and come home to cook a healthy dinner. Everything just fell into place. I have a feeling the next few weeks will be a transition period until I find my new groove.
That, being said, I’m trying something new! If you noticed I’m writing this in the morning! I never write in the morning. For the life of this blog I’ve always written before bed. Then when I added a community and a second blog to my online portfolio that bed time became later and later and later.
Now that I’m taking on clients the time I start my own posts and site maintenance is even getting later. If I keep my current pace up I won’t hit the hay until 3AM and with a toddler at home that’s just unacceptable (although I think I do my best work at night). Plus he is uncanny at *knowing* the days I needed to burn the midnight oil and wakes up exceptionally early, accordingly.
So in this morning post I will do a classic Roni quick updates list that I had originally planned for last night.
- Diets In Review asked if I’d do another guest post giving some insight into Weight Watchers Meeting. So if you aren’t a Weight Watchers member you might want to check out my abbreviated recap.
- Liza emailed me and asked if I’d complete and post a survey groups and weight loss. She is doing a class project for a Social Communication and New Technology class at UCLA. I’m a sucker for academics so if you have a chance today please give the survey a look. It’s ONLY 10 questions. ;~)
- OK, I already posted about the EVIL kettle corn, well I also picked up Chocolate Cookies and Cream Breyer’s Free. OMFG (I’d rather not curse but internet shorthands are OK, right? ;~P It is TOO good to be true. It’s is by far the best fat free ice cream I’ve every had. Even the husband and the toddler are hooked! Unlike the vanilla it is 2 points a serving, but still. I may have to portion out the rest to prevent myself from just gabbing the quart out of the freezer.
- I went a little snack happy last night but I did play racquetball for over 2 hours yesterday! Ahhh the joys of being jobless. ;~) It was SO much fun and I’m really going to try to get the husband to join me. I’m shooting for once a week.
- Speaking of the husband. He is showing signs of wanting to make healthy changes (FINALLY I may be rubbing off on him). I’ve notice a decrease in his snackage and he actually asked me to show him some ball moves AFTER he worked out. SHOCKING! He hasn’t worked out is years.
- Wednesday is my big weigh in after almost 6 weeks of “trying to be one of ‘those’ people”. I have to admit, I think I put on a few pounds. I feel “thicker”, if that makes any sense. I’m not sure if it’s all the weight lifting or I added some fat by all my recent snack attacks. Either way after Wednesday’s weigh in I may count points for a week or two to help get me through this transition of schedule.
- Finally (phew- I had a lot to tell you again), I’ve partnered up with Vitalicious and I now have my own VitaStore (that’s what I’m calling it anyway). So if you buy Vitalicious products online throw a purchase my way, you’ll get 10% off and you’ll be supporting my site (and recent decision to quit my job! ;~P) Just be sure to use the coupon code, WRN53108.
- Wait, wait, one more thing. I’m SUPER behind on Ask Roni questions. Really, I can’t keep up. First, I want to say I will answer you all, I promise. You just need to be patient. I’m planning on possibly adding a weekly video feature here where I answer the questions in "person" like I did for GreenLiteBites. It’s faster then me typing and honestly I think I do a better job speaking then writing (who am I kidding! I suck as both LOL). What do you think? OH! and Pastaqueen from Half of Me is going to answer a few with me on Friday as part of her book tour.
OK, OK, that really is enough. I have to make breakfast! WOW, it’s weird for me to say that after posting. Coincidently, the toddler is not up yet! LOL