FOOD FINDS

Choice Ramen Noodles

Choice Ramen NoodlesCheck out my quick meal idea with these Ramen Noodles

Check out my OTHER quick meal idea with these Ramen Noodles

Oh boy! If you are anything link me you lived off Ramen Noodles in college. They were cheep, fast and the perfect midnight snack!

The problem with them? Well let’s see, deep fried noodles. Ummm yeah, enough said.

So shortly after college I stopped buying them and honestly, I forgot about them until a couple of weeks ago. Someone mentioned in an email they saw a healthy version at the grocery store and wondered if I tried them. Sure enough, there they were! Right above the regular version in all the flavors I remember, chicken, shrimp and beef.

I bought one of each!

So how much healthier are they? well the bag (that’s right, the whole bag) is 280 calories, 2 g of fat and 4 g of fiber! That’s only 5 points for the whole bag!

That’s a HUGE serving, a real quick lunch and they taste e-x-a-c-t-l-y like I remember them!

Check GreenLiteBites tomorrow as I’m planning to make them for my weekly video posts!

Have you guys seen them already? Anyone else try them? I’m normally pretty late on these types of things! ;~)

Laura Brandon

May 8, 2008

i’m so going to have to look for this!!

Miss July...not...yet

May 8, 2008

well they finally found an old comfort food and made it healthy!!! I am so excited to try them!
    Thanks for the review of them!

Oh, I just got the hungry girl cookbook and a lot of the recipes remind me of things that you have made.

Roni

May 8, 2008

I’ve heard a lot about the book but haven’t picked it up yet. I’m rarely even on the site anymore, I just don’t have the time but now I’ll have to check it out!

Maybe she’s stealing my ideas! ;~P LMAO

Anonymous

May 9, 2008

I wish I could find these in Atlanta

Sally

May 9, 2008

I actually just bought 1 chicken and 1 beef last weekend.. I havent tried them yet but im glad to hear that they taste the same =]

MizFit

May 9, 2008

GOOD G-D I LOVED THESE THINGS BACK IN THE DAY.

love.

as my thighs attested to in college.

cant wait for the video.

M.

Michele

May 9, 2008

OMG! Heathy ramen noodles? A dream come true for me!! One of my favorite foods…I’ve gotta find them!!

Gilly

May 12, 2008

that is good to know! .. I think I am going to have to search them. I just had an eye opening experience yesterday when I was adding up points and noticing that a regular package of those can be 10 to 12 points!! .. and that is a killer! .. because I admit. I am kind of addicted to those. But as you know. I come to realize. if it is something you like. Be prepared to use the points. hahahaha!!

Becky

September 17, 2008

I still have not found these choice Ramen noodles, where can i find them?

September 17, 2008

Becky – I’d ask your local grocery store. I now have seen them at every major chain by me. Normally mixed in with the regular ones.
    What area are you in, maybe someone will post a store they know.

Becky

September 17, 2008

I’m in southeast Minnesota

Vick Bhatia

October 6, 2008

Kroger in Atlanta in Ansley Park had them but I went today and no where to be found..

barbara

December 13, 2008

Choice ramen taste even better, to me(which is hard seeing as ramen noodles are one of the best food I eat), then the regular and I like that they are better for you. I have tried the herb chicken and the beef, I think i prefer the beef. Great in stirfries.

Kassandra

December 13, 2008

I am a vegetarian….so when I first found these, I would throw away the seasoning packet and just add my own broth. (The chicken seasoning actually has powdered chicken in it which struck me as sorta gross and funny at the same time!) Then I realized the beef seasoning IS vegetarian with no actual ‘beef’ in it. Kinda cool!

Caroline

January 23, 2009

I love this choice ramen! and though 280 calories is much less than regular ramen, and there is oodles less fat is in choice ramen than regular ramen, i am a bit of a calorie counter…and i wonder how many calories i save if i use a 5 calorie chicken buillon cube as opposed to the seasoning packet, if any significant amount at all…would anyone happen to know?

January 26, 2009

Caroline… I don’t think it’s much. Most of the calories are in the noodles. Just so you know I use about 1/2 the packet. :)

Christina

February 11, 2009

Just got done eating them their amazing! Very small noodles but their not to bad.

virg

June 6, 2009

I can’t find it anywhere in San Mateo County, Calif, in the 94080 area.

Todd Abramson

September 27, 2009

I am literally sick to learn that Choice Ramen is no longer being produced, after not finding it at the store. I usually clean off the store shelf when purchasing these. Economical, filling and healthy. WHY OH WHY did this happen. After reading other website entries about cost and “no flavor” I am angry. This is why we are a country of fat pigs! Let those people take regular noodles, through a steak and a stick of butter on it and cover it in salt.

Jill

October 23, 2009

I wish I could find these in my area…. I reallly miss them….. I just now read they stopped making them?!!? NOOOOO