I’ve been thinking of writing a post about the worst dieting mishaps I personally tried and failed with but I decided to turn it into a question of the week. I truly believe we learn from our mistakes and boy have I made some doozies…
- Skipping breakfast after a “binge”
- This is tough for me. If I eat too much one night then it’s just natural for me to want skip my next meal. Big mistake, huge. Then I get too hungry by lunch and totally pig out. By dinner I have the “oh, well, the day’s already ruined” attitude and eat 4-5 slices of pizza and the cycle continues.
- Thinking I can drink my meals.
- Yeah, this never works, I don’t care if the shake has 1000 calories in it, I’m not satisfied so I end up eating anyway.
- Popping a pill to control hunger.
- I confess I did this, on more then one occasion. It’s a short term solution that isn’t teaching you how to read your own body signals. Don’t even bother.
- Excluding one type of food.
- Ummm yea, then I just want it more and I totally binge on it after a few months, weeks or even days. I tried this a few times with pizza, it just doesn’t work. Now I make my own or allow myself to have a slice or two.
So it’s time to fess up. Share your own disasters so others can learn from our mistakes. I’m sure we can get a great (bad) list going.