FOOD FINDS

Cinnabon Cinnamon Crunch Cereal

Cinnabon Cinnamon Crunch CerealHOLY SMOKES! Have you seen this stuff? Last weekend, it caught my (and the husband’s) eye. I almost immediately dismissed it when I saw the Cinnabon name. We all know the monstrosity that is Cinnabon, don’t we? I mean I LOVE me a Cinnabon. There really is nothing like it, but weighing it at 730 calories I’d rather eat 2 whole meals!!

Anyway I do what I always do, turned the box around to check out the nutritional information.  I was pleasantly surprised to find a serving weighed in at only 150 calories, 1.5 g of fat and 3 g of fiber, Only 2.5 points! Not too SHABBY and that’s for 1 cup!

Then I saw this…

INGREDIENTS: WHOLE OAT FLOUR, WHOLE BROWN RICE FLOUR, TURBINADO BROWN SUGAR, FRUIT JUICE CONCENTRATE (PINEAPPLE, PEAR, APPLE, PEACH), WHEAT FLOUR, WHEAT STARCH, MAKARA® CINNAMON, HONEY, CANOLA OIL, NATURAL FLAVORS, CALCIUM CARBONATE.

WOW! Whole grain AND no high fructose corn syrup.  Normally you look at the ingredient list for some “sugar” cereals and see a novel, it was nice to recognize, understand and be able to pronounce everything on this list.

So I guess you are wondering about the taste.  It was good, VERY crunchy and held up in milk.  If you wait it out it will start to get mushy and, honestly, I think I liked it better then that way! It had that almost soft Cinnabon texture in cereal form.

If you want to give it a try for yourself they have a coupon on their web site right now, not sure how long they are going to last.

P.S. DON’T do what I did and just grab the box to start munching. I swear I ate half the thing mindlessly while typing this up! I think I’m going to weigh out some servings and bring them to munch on at work. The toddler and I love it dry!

Red

March 8, 2008

That sounds delicious, I haven’t had a Cinnabon in soooooooo long.

I probably never would have tried them w/out this article, I’m still getting over my childhood disappointment of Cookie Crisps.

Z

March 8, 2008

Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your story, a real story, not some jacked up crazy story about starving yourself for some unrealistic goal. I struggle everyday to with food and I am so happy to have found your site. Thank you.

Katy

March 8, 2008

Will definitely have to pick up a box of that!

Anonymous

March 8, 2008

i’m a cereal addict so i’ll def be checking this out on my shopping trip tomorrow! Also i used to work for Cinnabon and make the frosting…lets just say you don’t even wanna know what goes into it! mmmm SO good tho!

Anonymous

March 8, 2008

I found these awhile ago I measure them out and eat it dry as a crunchy snack

->cara

March 8, 2008

i can’t believe it’s only 2 POINTS????!!!! With ff milk, that’s only a 4 pt breakfast. I think I’d have to add maybe a 1pt english muffin or maybe a 1pt yogurt so i wouldn’t get too hungry before lunch. still, it would be under 6 points for breakfast. Woohoo!!!

so i went to Walmart tonight looking for the cereal and they don’t carry it. i guess i’ll have to try publix or albertsons.

what store did you buy it in?

Roni

March 8, 2008

cara – I got it at a local store called Weiss. There is a store locater on there web site…

Hope that helps!

Dev

March 9, 2008

Gosh, it’s been so long since I’ve had Cinnabon I’ve forgotten what it tastes like. This looks good.

casmommy

March 9, 2008

Amazing! The ingredients are healthier than a lot of “health” cereals. Lucky I read this just before my trip to the store tomorrow….thanks for the coupon tip too!

TB--Milwaukee

March 9, 2008

Thanks for the tip. I’ll have to wait for a coupon by mail as the site didn’t like my Mac.

I love crunchy and cinnamony.

Erin

March 9, 2008

hey roni –

is this “per cup?”

Roni

March 9, 2008

Erin – Yup!

Anonymous

March 9, 2008

That sounds yummy. Speaking of a good cinnmamon cereal…I found one from Kashi called Cinnamon Harvest whole wheat biscuits. 1 cup is three points, but it’s very satisfying.

CindyPTN

March 9, 2008

Yum, that sounds great. I just bought lots of cherrios. I’ll have to check it out the next time we’re in the store.

Anonymous

March 10, 2008

If you eat this and in one hour your still hungry Not a good choice. Real oatmeal is this best choice.. It will stay with you for a long time.

Roni

March 10, 2008

Best IF you like oatmeal. I had no hunger issues with this. Sometimes you need a fun cereal and this is better then most. It’s a good option for the days you get bored of oatmeal.

Lynn

March 10, 2008

ah, bummer. I’m allergic to pineapples. No cereal for me!

jenblanck

March 10, 2008

Funny! I had the same reaction when I read the ingredient listing. No HFCS and whole grain, can it be good? You bet! I like to mix it with dry All Bran, just enough to flavor it up a bit. A great cereal.

bev

March 10, 2008

I’m not a cold cereal person. I agree with anonymous.It would make me crave something else sweet.

Krista

March 10, 2008

I just might have to try this delicious sounding cereal. Cinnamon rolls are my absolute red light food and I stay so far away from them it’s not even funny. I’m not sure if the cereal would be the same kind of trigger food or not. But they sound divine.

Leah

April 16, 2008

Well I went out to Target today & found this cereal. It is really good!! Thanks for the suggestion. I was craving something sweet & this hit the spot. They are delicious!

Diane

March 10, 2009

Bought this cereal for my daughter last week @ Costco. Thrilled at the healthy ingredients. It’s so good that I’ve brought some to work to snack on. Delicious!

Toms Zvilna

May 7, 2009

Bought some at COSTCO in Barrie, ON, Canada some months ago, but they no longer stock this item. Where can I buy some up here ?

May 7, 2009

Toms this may help.. http://www.cinnaboncereal.com/retailListings.html

GiGi

April 14, 2010

BUT… IF YOU EAT THE ENTIRE BOX WORTH IN ONE SITTING YOU’LL BE EATING ABOUT 1200 CALORIES [well in 8 servings]… so don’t get TOOO attached to this stuff!