- Blog Topics
HOLY SMOKES! Have you seen this stuff? Last weekend, it caught my (and the husband’s) eye. I almost immediately dismissed it when I saw the Cinnabon name. We all know the monstrosity that is Cinnabon, don’t we? I mean I LOVE me a Cinnabon. There really is nothing like it, but weighing it at 730 calories I’d rather eat 2 whole meals!!
Anyway I do what I always do, turned the box around to check out the nutritional information. I was pleasantly surprised to find a serving weighed in at only 150 calories, 1.5 g of fat and 3 g of fiber, Only 2.5 points! Not too SHABBY and that’s for 1 cup!
Then I saw this…
INGREDIENTS: WHOLE OAT FLOUR, WHOLE BROWN RICE FLOUR, TURBINADO BROWN SUGAR, FRUIT JUICE CONCENTRATE (PINEAPPLE, PEAR, APPLE, PEACH), WHEAT FLOUR, WHEAT STARCH, MAKARA® CINNAMON, HONEY, CANOLA OIL, NATURAL FLAVORS, CALCIUM CARBONATE.
WOW! Whole grain AND no high fructose corn syrup. Normally you look at the ingredient list for some “sugar” cereals and see a novel, it was nice to recognize, understand and be able to pronounce everything on this list.
So I guess you are wondering about the taste. It was good, VERY crunchy and held up in milk. If you wait it out it will start to get mushy and, honestly, I think I liked it better then that way! It had that almost soft Cinnabon texture in cereal form.
If you want to give it a try for yourself they have a coupon on their web site right now, not sure how long they are going to last.
P.S. DON’T do what I did and just grab the box to start munching. I swear I ate half the thing mindlessly while typing this up! I think I’m going to weigh out some servings and bring them to munch on at work. The toddler and I love it dry!
I’ve been doing this a looong time…
- Yippee for Vine on Android!
- What Are You Self-Conscious of?
- A Post-Birthday Father's Day
- Weekend Quote: Explode Beyond Your Limitations
- 3 New Food Finds
- Wednesday Weigh In: 3 Scale-Less Weeks!
- 5 Ways Ditching 'Perfect' has Made Me Happier, Healthier and More Successful
- Scenes from My Low-Key Sensational Sunday
- Weekend Quote: How would your life be different if…
- My Run Streak Continues with a Note About Committing
- Wednesday Weigh In!
- Let's Talk About Trigger Foods
- My Legs. What Legs?
- Avalanches Are Scary
- Weekend Quote: Uncomfortable
- Blog to Book: Musings from My Weight Loss Journey [Kindle Edition]
- A Weight-less Wednesday Weigh In
- Scenes From Our Memorial Monday
- Weekend Quote: I Run Because...
- To Weigh or Not To Weigh: That is the Question
- Wednesday Weigh In: Selling Ourselves Short
- Obesity Awareness: Are We Numb?
- A Relaxing Sensational Sunday
- Should Strong be the New Skinny?
- Thirteen Thursday Thoughts
- Wednesday Weigh In: The Daily Cycle
- VitaCake ‘Recipe’ Contest Winners Announced!
- Baltimore Color Run from The Eyes of The 7-Year-Old
- Scenes from my Sensational Mother's Day Sunday
- Weekend Quote: Comfort Zone
Roni started this blog in '05 to journal her weight loss. 70lbs later, she's committed to living a conscious, healthy life and hopes to inspire others along the way. Read more on the about page.
Like the new look of Roni’s Weigh?
Check out PageLines WordPress Themes. Roni's Weigh is built on premium theme PlatformPro.